+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I am the "other" girl

I am the "other" girl

I met my ex in my freshman year of college. i rejected him at first but then in March a few years ago i decided to go out with him. our relationship lasted over a year. we broke up because it was very unhealthy and there was no trust. after we broke up, we hooked up at random times but ended it because people found out or he did the same nasty things again so i couldn't deal with it.

Recently, this school year, he contacted me and we decided to get together. he had a girlfriend but we still had the subtle coffee conversation at starbucks. after that we hung out a few more times until he invited me over at his girlfriend's apartment (where he was staying). we ended up having sex... in her bed, and it was honestly 50% amazing, 50% WTF. We decided to keep doing it and we did it several other times in her bed again, at my apartment, and his apartment. At first, it was just casual by not kissing goodbye or holding hands. He was still with his girlfriend when he kept on lying and bailing on me for his friends or her. I told him I didn't mind him being with her but he didn't have to lie since we weren't together. Gradually after a few months, we started kissing each other goodbye, holding hands, cuddling, and hanging out longer after having our rendezvous. Also, we have hung out at bars a few times with him and his friends. he has texted me from every couple days to every day now. Now they are not just about sexual stuff or meeting up to hook up. Before I left for break, we had lunch before we did it again. We have texted everyday over winter break. he keeps saying he isn't happy with her but who knows. This has been going on for 6 months now. Will I ever be able to overcome being the "other" girl and find a relationship worth having?

No. You're just his mattress monkey. If he really cared about you, he would have broken up with her months ago.

Remember why you originally broke up with him? You didn't trust him. And look, it turns out that he really is untrustworthy. And now he has dragged you down to his level.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

then why is he still with her if he is cheating on her?

Ask him. Then ask yourself why you don't like his answer.

Regardless of his answer, here is the truth: under the status quo, he gets to have sex with two gullible women. If he dumps her, she probably won't have sex with him anymore and then he will be stuck with just you. Until he finds someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyobabe01 View Post
    then why is he still with her if he is cheating on her?
    Probably because he hasn't found anything he likes better