+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Innocent Photo's uploaded on facebook taken out of proportion?

Innocent Photo's uploaded on facebook taken out of proportion?

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some feedback from a few females on whether or not how my girlfriend has reacted to a totally innocent incident is reasonable.

Just abit of back ground information- I attended a friends house party over the christmas period which my girlfriend also attended, she was getting picked up earlyish by her mum as she did not want to walk back to mine later on. Before we went I told her I did not want to leave early and will be staying, I see this was a tad wrong and I should of left with her but I have always have left when she wanted to in the past so wanted this one time to stay until the end.

Now the main issue is that as it got later one of my friends took his top off followed by another that also had a girlfriend although she was present at the time, I look after my body and attend the gym regularly so I was taunted by my other mates to join them ( seems like a silly thing to do but we were all drunk and seemed funny at the time) so I did. The other guys girlfriend and another girl that is a mutual friend took a few photo's while we were mucking about posing as a group, the second girl that was a mutual friend jumped in a couple of photo's one of which was me and her, there was no contact between us at all, I was doing a pose and so what she (nothing sexual just tensing arm muscles), totally innocent. (just want to point out at this stage I am not a big headed poser despite how it sounds, I never do anything like this usually was just a drunken laugh after being persuaded lol)

The pictures were uploaded on Facebook the next day and my girlfriend seen them and went totally mad, she said I have broken her heart, betrayed her, called me loads of names and said I have no morals and she doesn't know if she can ever forgive me. Now I can understand a girlfriend would not be happy with the photos but is she being way to unreasonable about the whole situation. After all it is not like I have cheated or anything on her nor is it a photo with any kind of contact and the girl is a mutual friend. I have apologised over and over but she still doesn't know if she can overcome it.

Also worth pointing out I have never done anything like this before, don�t flirt with other girls, never cheated etc so she has no reason to be paranoid.

So I just want your opinions on the situation to say whether you think she is being perfectly reasonable or a tad dramatic?

First let me say that I can tell you why she is acting like she is, its because she's insecure and jealous and felt left out becuase she wasn't there to keep her eye on you. Now, that being said, if she can't forgive you then that's her problem and I'd say you're better off without her.

I have apologised over and over but she still doesn't know if she can overcome it.
    Leave her alone now and let her contact you when she's ready. There is no sense grovelling when you think you didn't do anything terribly wrong and since she does, you've apologized for it. It's up to her now to forgive you or bugger off. She doesn't get to keep you and punish you forever now does she?

Mark, I can't figure out why you've apologised. I'm a woman and I don't see that you did anything wrong. If I saw these photos of my guy, I'd laugh.

Stand up for yourself man! Don't let this neurotic idiot of a woman turn you into apologetic quivering shell of man.

Thanks the advice, much appricated. Everyone else I have spoken to has said the same sort of thing, but it's good to get advice from people that don't know us and won't take sides.

Your GF is a tad immature. She is just jealous because you were having such a good time without her. Don't let her manipulate you into thinking you did something wrong.....you didn't. If she wigs out about it, you ignore her always...you must teach her that this kind of behavior is unacceptable to you, especially when it was innocent fun with friends. Eventually she will come back sniveling and admit she was wrong. Stand your ground man!