+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Who does that ?!!! Silent treatment for unknown reason

Who does that ?!!! Silent treatment for unknown reason

Just makes me wonder.
    I know him for 3 years and we were more than friends even though he lives in another country for 2 years now.
    He did hurt my feelings before with his pull and push game. One time he said he will never talk to me again, then showed up and wanted to see me like nothing happened.
    I never got chance to ask him why he got back and I regret that.
    Almost year after, everything went just fine.
    Last time I heard from him we talked for an hour, chatted online for three. He actually told me he wants to see me again.
    Everything was fine until I tried to call him for a week with no success.
    It made me very worry because of his bad diabetes. I sent him message if he is ok twice. No reply. After that, I just asked him if he is mad at me, or if there is something I did or didn’t do.
    I wished him Merry Christmas and he replied back couple days later. Nothing about him, just Christmas wish.
    Since then, I did not try anything. It hurts me so much not to know what happened, what I possibly did.
    I would rather take slap in my face by saying I don’t like you anymore, I don’t want to hear from you, I hate you, than getting his ignorance and silence.
    He always said “you know me more than anybody else”. He shared so much with me and now I am not even worth his honesty??? I don’t get it. I would never treat someone this way, not even my enemy. Who actually does that? Why do you let someone worry sick about you? He knows how I feel about him and how much it hurts me. Why does he do that??? It is killing me inside... What can I do? How to confront him?

oh please stop waining. grow up.

its not a good relationship, u break it and move on

stop letting others lead your heart.and happiness

Quote Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
    Just makes me wonder.
    I know him for 3 years and we were more than friends even though he lives in another country for 2 years now.
    He did hurt my feelings before with his pull and push game. One time he said he will never talk to me again, then showed up and wanted to see me like nothing happened.
    I never got chance to ask him why he got back and I regret that.
    Almost year after, everything went just fine.
    Last time I heard from him we talked for an hour, chatted online for three. He actually told me he wants to see me again.
    Everything was fine until I tried to call him for a week with no success.
    It made me very worry because of his bad diabetes. I sent him message if he is ok twice. No reply. After that, I just asked him if he is mad at me, or if there is something I did or didn’t do.
    I wished him Merry Christmas and he replied back couple days later. Nothing about him, just Christmas wish.
    Since then, I did not try anything. It hurts me so much not to know what happened, what I possibly did.
    I would rather take slap in my face by saying I don’t like you anymore, I don’t want to hear from you, I hate you, than getting his ignorance and silence.
    He always said “you know me more than anybody else”. He shared so much with me and now I am not even worth his honesty??? I don’t get it. I would never treat someone this way, not even my enemy. Who actually does that? Why do you let someone worry sick about you? He knows how I feel about him and how much it hurts me. Why does he do that??? It is killing me inside... What can I do? How to confront him?
    I would say to cease communication with this person, but if you're close with him, you may not want to do that. So I would calmly ask him why he does this sometimes next time you get the chance to talk to him. I'll also say that since this is a repeat situation, he'll likely do these things again...maybe that's just the way he behaves from time to time.

I'm not sure if you're saying this was a friendship or relationship. Either way, there's not much you can do when someone decides to cut you out without any explanation. Some people find it easier to just seemingly disappear. It's his issue, not yours. Personally I'd send him a parting message to say not to bother contacting you in the future. At least then in your mind you can make the choice to move on, as opposed to hanging in limbo waiting for him to clarify things. Friendship is a two way street and this isn't the first time he's done this. You're better off out of it.