+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Online dating - how do you do it?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This isn't a dating site.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Uh duh, it's not (I remember someone mistook me for having claimed that it WAS).

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    This isn't a dating site.
    Ya, I know it is not. lol. Your question was a little vague. What do you mean I "get guys". You mean, I understand them? I don't understand them completely about everything but I just know most guys on POF are concerned about looks the most. It is just how online dating sites like POF works. I would think paid for dating sites are more concerned about compatibility because these are the people who are looking for something more serious. I made it clear I was speaking with a POF experience.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    "Get guys" was your own phrase. Geeze, I dislike people who can't remember their own posts. What did *you* mean by it?
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

fearoflove was talking about the general crowd of guys girls can expect to meet on dating sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    fearoflove was talking about the general crowd of guys girls can expect to meet on dating sites.
    Thanks LR. : ) That was what I meant.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Okay, so I did understand your "get guys". If you aren't willing to fork over cash to improve your filter, then you can expect to be frustrated and waste your time.

If you want casual sex, POF is great (so I understand). If you want more of a relationship, then try a paid service.

Quote Originally Posted by kateyp View Post
    However I have had several dates, nothing has come of any of them, and i find this completely devastating, and take it very personally.
    I am supposed to be fairly attractive, i work with a lot of males and get told this all of the time, however on dates i cannot seem to make a lasting impression.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    Frankly, no^. If I want to attract an eagle, I don't scrounge around in the dirt.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Online dating is a playground for all sorts if ppl, and it especially lures such ppl as cheaters, con artists, rapists etc. The best sites are the ones you would have to pay. Forget POF, too many players and non-serious ppl on there because its free. Although if you are looking for casual sex, POF is great. My guy friend who is poor and average looking has been having sex with random girls practically every night from that site. And you can't expect a perfect match from the beginning. It's why it's called dating. It's rare to find a match that fits all the categories you are looking for. At least you have the upper hand in the online dating world, you are female! And if you are a semi-attractive female, you should be getting messages constantly and therefore you can do your process of elimination. Yah, dating is frustrating.... But be yourself. If a guy isn't attracted to yourself... Then that's fine....Next!

I did buy a car for $300 once, and it lasted 5 years. It was a great runner. In that case, I got more than I paid for. But with dating, I think a lot of sites charge to get extras, even if it's being able to just send a message.

Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    Yah, dating is frustrating.... But be yourself. If a guy isn't attracted to yourself... Then that's fine....Next!
    Too right. There are Plenty More Fish But probably not on Plenty Of Fish. Actually, there are quite strict guidelines to fishing these days, so maybe the dating market has dried up a bit as well?

My questions is, what do you do besides online date to meet men? Are you athletic? How about joining a co-ed sports team. Like to dance? How about taking some salsa classes or something? What are your hobbies? Can you pick up a new one that men are also interested in and meet them that way? At least you'll be meeting people that are kindred spirits.

I've given this site out before because it's been very sucessful for people we know... meetmarketadventures.com This is a site for singles that isn't just emailing ad-nauseum. You actully get to do activities that are geared to your own likes and interest with other singles. Check it out for a charter in your area.

... As for being disappointed or feelings of rejection. I think youi're going in with high expectations. If you go with the expectation of simply meeting someone new and having some fun while you do it.. nothing more, nothing less then you'll be less likely to take an ego hit everytime it doesn't pan out.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12