+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In a terrible position..

In a terrible position..

Okay so. January 14 2011 me and my boyfriend starting dating. It was the best thing that ever happened to me. I couldnt believe i had found something so perfect. We spent all of our time together, and we were also in high school together. About 5 months into it, things changed. We argued alot, broke up constantly, but we ALWAYS worked through it. We couldnt leave each other for anything. Well about 6 months ago, we broke up for real. No communication, and we had both even went out with other people. But i could never get him off my head. I had to have him back. Every time we broke up I had to beg for him back, he was always just fine without me. So i started bribing him. Buying him things if he would just see me. And it always worked and we'd be fine again til the next fight. This went on for months. So on my coming back to beg to see him 2 months ago, i did the dumbest thing and bout him an 180 jewlry he wanted. And you have to understand, i DONT have extra money to spend... I worked my ass off for this. But this time was different. I didnt get a thanks. No hug. And after that night didnt hear from him again. I had never felt so played and used in my life. "I will never try to talk to you again" i told myself. Until last week, i was feeling alone like i always do now. I thought, i have some extra christmas money. So i texted and asked if he wanted to go to the mall. Ended up buying him $70 shoes, a $20 shirt, and a $15 meal. I thought things were gonna be fixed this time. But now, here i am. Still havent heard from him since. I feel so pathetic. I cant do anything to get over him. The only 2 guys ive talked to other than him both played me.. I feel worthless. How do you get over someone when you have lost all trust in general? I honestly cant even explain why i have to keep going back to him. Its not like he EVER did anything for me. What cant i get away from? Ive considered therapy but i really dont have the time nor money. Please help

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You must stop spending money on him. Your good intentions are probably coming off as either over-compensation for insecurity, or pathetic attempts at subtle manipulation. You cannot BUY someone's respect and admiration, and your attempts to do so are probably going to cause your ex to resent you deeply.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Here's a wacky idea. If you don't have the money for therapy then stop buying stuff for the d.ickhead and use that for therapy instead.

You didn't get played (manipulated).....you attempted to play him

Make sense?

So you're trading money for his so called "love" and "hugs"? Not a good idea.

Lindseya, I love you. Can I have some money?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Hi Lindseya, like everyone says.. stop spending money on him. Delete his number and use the money to go out and do something new that will help you meet new people. If you spend your like worrying about meeting someone decent its going to seem impossible. Just put yourself out there, with the right crowds and you will find the right person, who wants you and not the stuff.