+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does this come off as triflin'?

Why does this come off as triflin'?

Whats up, Heres my situation

So I went out this past weekend, Saturday night. I happen to run into my friend's Ex boyfriend, who has been for some time now. We was all so close back in the day so I decided it wouldnt be a bad idea to give him my number when he asked me. So I leave the club and he calls me around 3AM. He said that he wanted to just see how I was and we could get something to eat. So I agreed, I seen no harm in this. Instead of eating inside the restaurant, I met him over to his place and got my food and we chilled and talked for a minute.

Finally, he and I shared a blunt and long story short, we had sex. We went to his room and watched a movie, smoked and he started to kiss on me and I enjoyed it. So I gave in. Judging from the way he was all up inside of me, I assume he wanted to do this for quite some time. I enjoyed it also.

I am 24 and he is 29. My problem is I know that my friend who used to date him will have a problem with this. They dated almost 1 year and a half ago and I know she still has feelings for him. I can see myself being with him because we compliment one another. I do not feel bad about what I've done because he made it clear that is over between them. I told another friend of mine and she said that this whole situation was trifling on my part and I dont see how. I would consider being with him if it came down to that and I do want it to be in the open so I do want to tell my friend but she is so sensitive already.

I think that I deserve to be happy and I know the rules of feminism is to not get involved with Ex's or mess with friends boyfriends, husbands but I cant help how I feel. I want to continue my friendship with my friend as we have been girls since middle school. However, if need be and I had to make a choice I dont know what I would do. I dont see why we wouldnt be able to all move forward. He said he wouldnt mind seeing me again and he dont want to come between our friendship and this sort of thing is new to him also. They share no kids or anything and date off and on seriously for like 3 years.

Am I being unreasonable or trifling? Give it to me straight no chaser.

You choose, your friend, or him.

You may not see why you can't move forward, but your friend sure can. She will have a problem with it because she has feelings for him as well. If she finds out, the friendship will end. So you decide, who is more important to you. A chance at happiness with some random guy, or a long time friend?

To answer your question, you are being unreasonable expecting to have both, but you aren't trifling because they broke up over a year ago.
    Last edited by Cerby; 16-01-13 at 05:13 AM.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

I doubt he wants anything more than to **** you. Enter at your own peril.

All I have to say is no man is worth losing your friendship, especially if you two have been friends for a very long time. Just saying

Has he given any indictation that he wants to have a relationship with you? Given that this was only a couple of days ago, it could equally have been a one night stand on his part.

Wasn't a one night stand. Guarantee it happens again, guarantee he doesn't want a relationship.

Its funny how indignant your acting about this. However, I dont agree with dating your friends Ex's. I'll bet that you would have let him hit when they was together because it was as easy as 123 for him to do it this time. How close are you all as friends anyway? You and your homegirl?

Curious to know Starnique, has he called you back yet or said he wanted a relationship? Im sure it was just a free ****. From a mans point of view.