+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys, do you like it when your girl cooks for you??

Guys, do you like it when your girl cooks for you??

Ok so me and my guy have been dating for three months now and have a sexual relationship. When we go out he pays for dinner, drinks etc even though i offer to pay and try too. He is sweet, considerate and very cuddly. We are not official yet though. He works hard and on his own. I am seeing him tomorrow and thought it would be nice to cook him something nice like some jelly slice and hedgehog slice to take to work with him during the week. Would you like this if you were a guy? Would it come on too strong if you were only still dating?? I love cooking for others and this making them happy makes me happy.

WTF is Jelly, Hedgehog slice.

Op: You remind me of a poster we once had around here who called herself "Vampiress"

I looked 'em up, they're both desserts. Jelly slice looks like some sort of cheesecake with a gelatin topping, hedgehog slice looks like a fancy fudge brownie.

Imagine... "Miss Google This" didn't think to google.

Still dating 3 months in?

If it was for a relationship, then yes. But if I were the type to have what seems to be a sexual relationship only, I'd think that was too much too soon.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Of course he would like it. What man doesnt like that? I wouldnt say Jelly/hedge hog slice..had no idea what that was until I read previous post. It doesnt sound appealing though lol. When you say cheesecake/brownie whatever it sounds good.

I'd be more inclined to cook a meal to enjoy eating with him. To me, half the fun of cooking is getting to see the other person enjoying your food.

That's like asking if a girl would like a diamond necklace

Though if a guy I wasn't interested in dating gave me a diamond necklace, I'd refuse it, assume he has the wrong idea and start distancing myself. I think this is exactly what the OP is worried about

Yes well that is what I am worried about as I would like to hopefully see this relationship progress to something more. He has told his family about me. They live hours away. I was worried about it being too much too soon. I dont want to put him off and I know guys are meant to be the ones doing the chasing.

He has spent a fair bit of money on me already too. We went out last weekend he paid for my dinner although I offered, got a hotel room which he paid for. Bought me a xmas present which would have cost $60 at least and has made the drive to see me a number of times, always drives.

Please reply. I dont want to stuff this up. I dont want him to think I just want to be with him just because he offers to pay. Which I dont I like to pay my way. He is the sweetest guy. I am a full time uni student though so makes it hard.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Though if a guy I wasn't interested in dating gave me a diamond necklace, I'd refuse it, assume he has the wrong idea and start distancing myself. I think this is exactly what the OP is worried about
    Oh
    That went way over your head

I don't get it? You're fuccking each other but you're afraid that cooking dinner might seem to be too much too soon?!? Lol

stop thinking like a chick. Us guys don't delve this far into the relationship BS. Just cook the guy dinner and enjoy yourselves and stop worrying what the guy thinks. If he appreciate it....great. If he thinks its too much ( which he wont) then fucck him.....it's just dinner. Youve been dating three months....spent time at a hotel, talked about you to his family.....and you're worried about what he'll think if you cook him dinner? At least begin to step it up a bit! Jeesh! You kids today
    Last edited by surfhb2; 18-01-13 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89
    I was worried about it being too much too soon
    Quote Originally Posted by smexygirl89 View Post
    He has spent a fair bit of money on me already too. We went out last weekend he paid for my dinner although I offered, got a hotel room which he paid for. Bought me a xmas present which would have cost $60 at least and has made the drive to see me a number of times, always drives.
    Yes, he's doing all this for you but you cooking for him is too much too soon. You'd better proceed with extreme caution, anything more than frozen ravioli might drive him to get a restraining order against you.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    Lol. I wouldn't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast