+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He just stopped emailing me ??

He just stopped emailing me ??

Hello,

Just a little rundown of my situation.

There is this man who has been friends with my sister and her husband for the last few years. He worked for them. He has met my family, been to my parents house, so he knows my family. My sister told me years ago that he asked about my situation.

A week ago I sent him a friend req on Facebook, I figured he is friends with both my sisters so why not. Since then, we have emailed via fb daily. We both are a bit taken back at how quick we have hit it off. We have this connection which HE has spoken of first.

My question is....why would he just stop emailing me? He is getting ready to leave for Afghanistan, he has mentioned how he has been exhausted with packing, getting things in storage, and my last reply was Sat, I got three from him and nothing since. He did say it is sinking in to his family that he is about to leave and they are trying to spend quality time with him. He apologized for not a longer response and said he promises to reply "tomorrow" once no one is around reading over his shoulder. I replied very politely saying, I understand, enjoy your family and I loom forward to your reply tomorrow.

I have not heard anything. We do live far away, like, he is in CA and I am in MO. We already talk of wanting to see each other as soon as he leaves Afghanistan in a year.

Am I reading too much into this? I mean, his last "real reply" I got Sat was so very "tense". Maybe he is pulling back due to the fact we got a little too close too fast?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.

Long distant relationship does not work. Let him come to you.

OMG stop. You just started chatting, and not even been a bloody date yet. How selfish you are, the guy won't be seeing his beloved family for a year and heaven forbid if he doesn't make it back alive....that's why he was so tense. This is a very tough time for him. You are way way on the back burner so I recommend you just carry on, and get out there dating. Who knows you might meet a wonderful guy. I'm saying this is because you need to stop investing yourself into something that was just a few messages...it's not a for sure thing, and you shouldn't put your life on hold for him.

Let it go hun, reality is, you are not a priority to him.

Quote Originally Posted by loverainydays View Post
    Hello,

Just a little rundown of my situation.

There is this man who has been friends with my sister and her husband for the last few years. He worked for them. He has met my family, been to my parents house, so he knows my family. My sister told me years ago that he asked about my situation.

A week ago I sent him a friend req on Facebook, I figured he is friends with both my sisters so why not. Since then, we have emailed via fb daily. We both are a bit taken back at how quick we have hit it off. We have this connection which HE has spoken of first.

My question is....why would he just stop emailing me? He is getting ready to leave for Afghanistan, he has mentioned how he has been exhausted with packing, getting things in storage, and my last reply was Sat, I got three from him and nothing since. He did say it is sinking in to his family that he is about to leave and they are trying to spend quality time with him. He apologized for not a longer response and said he promises to reply "tomorrow" once no one is around reading over his shoulder. I replied very politely saying, I understand, enjoy your family and I loom forward to your reply tomorrow.

I have not heard anything. We do live far away, like, he is in CA and I am in MO. We already talk of wanting to see each other as soon as he leaves Afghanistan in a year.

Am I reading too much into this? I mean, his last "real reply" I got Sat was so very "tense". Maybe he is pulling back due to the fact we got a little too close too fast?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Maybe he realised that the chances of you seeing each other is too slim. You said that you've been trying to see each other but wasn't successful. Maybe he stopped email because he tried so hard to see you before leaving for afghanistan but was unable to. So he thought there is no need to get close virtually.

like others have said at this point you are just exchanging messages. You may feel like you are hitting it off but that happens all the time on FB and the internet. And he's got a lot on his mind with being deployed. His family and close friends are probably taking up a lot of his time.

My advice is , if you really like him then don't come on too strong. So he didn't message you back. That's no big deal. You could slowly build a friendship with him and build up a connection and then who knows, when he returns from deployment you could take it from there. But first you have to let him know you're not some needy crazy person that freaks out about unanswered facebook messages.