+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I being unreasonable ?

Am I being unreasonable ?

Hi Folks,
    Sorry to make my first post on this forum a quest for advice but hey, here goes.

I'm in my second long term relationship. First was a 14year marriage and this is a ten year partnership. My partner is a good looking "tall leggy blonde" in good shape.

My question is about the "playful" side of things.
    My first wife would leave a top button undone if we went to the pub, she might wear a slightly shorter skirt than normal if we went out for a special occasion, she might send me a polaroid in the post. She might dissapear to the bathroom at parties and quietly pass me her bra on her return. You know the sort of thing I'm talking about. Nothing that anyone else ever knew about but put a smile on my face or put "lead in my pencil" or just cheered me up when stressed with work or just generally struggling with life.
    Simple little things that cost nothing but made a huge difference to me.

Now, my current partner never does anything like it. If I've ever suggested something along those lines she's flat out refused.

I'm starting to be a little resentful if I'm honest. Not just because something tht costs nothing and would be such big deal to me is not happening but that it's just dismissed out of hand. If I ever ask for her to wear something "pretty" when we are away for the weekend etc- "there's no point, we're just going to the pub".

She knows she looks great to me, she is in very good shape and she can very easily afford to buy "prettier" clothes. Actually, she's a bit of a clothes freak, not that it's a problem, she is comfortable.

So, are there any women on here who can help me understand this situation please. To be honest it's really starting to get under my skin.

Thanks,

John.

If something so trivial is bothering you so much, I think you two just aren't made for a long term relationship with each other. You seem incompatible.