+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girl wants to wait! Advice please.

Girl wants to wait! Advice please.

Hi Girls.

Okay basically my girlfriend broke up with me in November and about 3 weeks into the breakup I asked this girl I know out on a date and she agreed - anyway before I went on a date with her I ended up getting back with my ex. Anyway I'd been back with my ex for about 4 weeks and on saturday I decided I didn't want to be with her anymore. I went out on saturday night and bumped into that girl sarah that I asked out before. We got talking and one thing led to another and we ended up getting with each other and she spent the night at my house and we slept together - was an amazing night and neither of us regret it. The only thing she regrets is that I'd literally just broken up with my girlfriend. Her friend told me that it was totally totally out of character for her to do what she did and it's not like her at all and that sarah is her best friend and i better not get back with my ex and **** things up with sarah. Anyway yesterday I asked sarah out and she said that she wanted to leave it for a couple of weeks for my breakup to properly blow over before we go out. In fact her actual words were "I wanna let you take me out I promise but I think we should let things blow over before we got out".

I wasn't and am not using this girl as a rebound - we seemed to have a good connection the other night and I'd love to get to know her better and just see what happens. What I want to know is everyones opinion on why you think she wants to wait for a couple of weeks? Im really keen and would go out with her tonight if I could but I don't want to push things.

Any advice you guys could offer would be brilliant.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Listen to her....she wants to back right up and start over properly. Even tho you say she isn't a rebound...that is how she feels about the situation. If she is worth it you will wait.

Thank you smackie9 I agree with that. I don't want her to feel pressured into doing something. She's a very uncomplicated girl and wouldn't do anything if she didn't want to. I think she might be testing me slightly.

No she isn't testing you. She just wants to do things right and I don't blame her.

Uncomplicated girls don't 'test' boys. It's complicated and manipulative girls which do that. She's simply doing the best she can to look after herself.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I tottaly agree with both of the replies made in this post. I do think she's only looking after herself, and if you really like her, give yourselves some time.

Quote Originally Posted by berg101 View Post
    she said that she wanted to leave it for a couple of weeks for my breakup to properly blow over before we go out. In fact her actual words were "I wanna let you take me out I promise but I think we should let things blow over before we got out".

What I want to know is everyones opinion on why you think she wants to wait for a couple of weeks?
    The last time you asked her out, you got back with your ex. She's wise for wanting to wait.

Thank you everyone. It's been great advice. I think you're all right. I told her last night that I am very interested in her and she said that she knows I am but to just give it a bit of time. Im just very impatient haha.