+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need male advise please

I need male advise please

first of all, thank you for reading

I got out of a violent relationship last year in feb, after a long recovery I was ready to meet new people.
    I met this guy on xmas day, he is a year younger than me, we had a few dates after Christmas, and things are going well, on our 4th date, he asked if I would like to go to his place, I agreed to go, he lives in a farm with his parents, after I got there he shown me around, and when we went inside the house, his parents were there and they already know everything about me, now all these is good, he treats me very nicely, I really like him a lot, now comes the confusing part, he very rarely ask to see me, sometimes no contacts for couple of days. He doesn't want to talk about his ex, at first he said he's been single for almost a year, and now he told me they broke up last year in sept, and his mum is friends with her on facebook, and I saw a picture of his ex and his mum together on his mum's birthday which was late November last year. He took me away for the weekend last week, and i caught him txting either while i'm in the toilet and looking at shops, when we got back to his place, he sort of just said I'm going to see my boss a bit later, (in another word, time for you to go), we were supposed to see each other today, and he cancelled, and said will come see me during the week... he lives an hour away.....
    Now I'm really confused, some of his actions say he likes me, and lies about his ex... please advice?? thanks heaps

The way I see it, its been a few dates.. You will obviously look for faults, especially cause of your violent past. Give this time, my wife has her Ex from high school on her facebook, means nothing.. I actually like the guy.. His mom maybe likes his ex, but she and him, maybe were different people and chose to split.. over time, as him why they split so you 2 can do things differently.. but being on a few dates you're almost acting as if you've been together for a while.. he may also be dating on the side.. I think you should too. Keep your options open until it becomes official.

Thanks Rob, may be I'm being too sensitive, the picture I saw on his mum's fb page was a picture of his mum and his ex, and his ex wrote "you have been the best mother in law".... that upsets me a lot, because he lied about when they broke up, and "mother in law"?? but yes i agree with you, it's only been a bit over a month. I'll try to relax a bit more

hey Andi, my neighbors kid, calls me uncle rob.. yet we have no relation. Over time you will get your answer from him.. in the mean time respect his boundaries and he will respect yours, why should he tell you anything, if its only been a few dates. When he's ready he'll tell you. Never ever make fun of his ex, call her ugly ect.. if you one day find out what happens and you do not like it, keep it to yourself, as this happened before you met each other and was none of your business.. you sit there and listen.

It's been a whole week, he haven't txt or call