+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please help me, my ex is moving on!

Please help me, my ex is moving on!

We broke up just three weeks ago and he's already dating a girl he met he night before we broke up. We'd been together for six years but were apart for the final month or so as I was on holiday. I'm so confused with what to do and how to get him back fast!!

What is he thinking with this other girl? And I know there are more. Have I any chance of getting is attention back? I've poured my heart out to him but now haven't spoken in about five days and i'm going to try and leave it as long as possible.

I just need to know if there is anything salvageable here!!

he broke up with you, it really isn't your concern anymore. as tough as it is to hear, it's true. I went through the same thing, my ex dumped me and 2 months later had a new gf, I was crushed and wanted answers but honestly once you break up they don't owe anything to you. he is moving on and now you have to too, this should be even more motivation to!

How does this happen so fast?! Literally a month ago we were discussing moving in together!

When somebody moves on this fast, it often means that they were cheating before the breakup.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Yikes! I don't believe that's the case though, but i do know he's a huge flirt and was looking for alternatives towards the end. I guess I just want to know from a man, how six years can disappear so quickly? I admit to committing the worst dating faux pas's recently, but i just figured we were strong enough to survive.

Do men still think about getting back with their exs and try to get them back when the dust has settled?

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    When somebody moves on this fast, it often means that they were cheating before the breakup.
    yeah this is very true. and a lot of times the one who is dumped is in denial and doesn't believe it could be, but looking back you start to add up all these little things and realize things were happening, we were just too in love/blind/whatever not to see it. like I said my ex did the same, I always suspected this girl liked him but I shrugged it off because I wasn't the jealous type. we broke up, immediately they start hanging out, 2 months later announce they're dating. it didn't happen that quick. he had to have been talking to her/having feelings when I was with him still, especially cause he broke up with me so suddenly. it all makes sense now, your situation sounds just like mine so I hate to say it but he may have been thinking about or seeing this girl towards the end of your relationship

F**k!!!!!!

it is so frustrating and it makes you so angry, trust me this is how I felt. it was like going through two breakups! but finally I just realized he wasn't my problem anymore and worrying or obsessing or being upset wasn't getting me anywhere so I slowly moved on and now I'm fine. I couldn't care less about them or their relationship

Quote Originally Posted by MissJ000 View Post
    I admit to committing the worst dating faux pas's recently
    Like what? Might be important information.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJ000 View Post
    Do men still think about getting back with their exs and try to get them back when the dust has settled?
    No.

I moved on very quickly after leaving my ex-husband. But it wasn't because I was cheating. It was because I really had absolutely nothing left in the way of feelings for my ex. I really didn't care anymore. Being out of the relationship was like "Hello world, I'm out here and ready to live again!!!" After a few miserable years, I wasn't going to waste time navel gazing or being sad about it.

I also wonder what your dating faux pas were. If they were bad enough, they could well have driven him away and he's now not wanting to look back. Don't ever make the mistake of thinking that a relationship is strong enough to survive bad behaviour. A good relationship needs good behaviour to keep it healthy.

As far as men looking back after the dust has settled, I doubt it. But for what it's worth, I can't imagine a woman going backwards either.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 03-02-13 at 02:13 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    This or they haven't been emotionally connected to the relationship for quite some time before the breakup happened. Either way, neither situation is salvageable.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

He was probably cheating. Try to forget him and move on. If you are that easily disposable to him and he can move on so fast then he really is not worth it.. He will probably regret it. In situations like this, they nearly always do but you have to stay strong and if he does come back tell him to get lost. He thought the grass was greener so went out to have a little sniff-THEN DONT BLOODY COME BACK!!

He showed his true colors in the end. I presume he has the head in the clouds right now but will probably get a massive shock when reality bites him on the ass. Just forget him. I know its not easy but you can do better xx