+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mixed signals....any advice ?

Mixed signals....any advice ?

Hello

I met that young lady sometime ago at a cocktail party, and some chemistry was there as we startying talking for the whole evening, and had agreed to get together later on.

She said she would contact me, and in fact she did, however she mentioned that she is very busy at work (and she is), and that she was really looking forward to getting together, but she just needed to sort out work issues in addition to moving houses.

Note that we are both European expats living in an Arabian Gulf country.

Time passed, and no sign from her, until we met again at another occasion where she was friendly, and interested in what I'm doing, and she came up again with the idea of getting together.

We finally managed to set a date, and she confirmed she would be coming, and 3 hours before meeting she texted me saying that she had extra work and couldn't make it, but promised to get in touch and she did, however it was deja vu....and this happened now in 3 occasions.

I stopped contacting her, and all of a sudden she messaged me again after seeing a photo of mine on facebook weher I had been on a day trip to a nice location and she wrote:

"when did you go there ? why didn't you tell ? I want to go there, any suggestions ?"

Well that message gave me mixed signals, I didn't want to be optimistic given her previous habits of frequent cancellations, but the message had some sort of hidden desire to be invited.

So I replied that I would love to go there again, and perhaps we could discuss this over a dinner or a drink, and I was direct to the point that I told her lets go for dinner Wed or Thu.

Since then ...no sign of life from her..... I still see that she is active on Facebook, but apart from that, she has not replied to my invitation, wed and Thu are already history....

And I was wondering should I contact her or not ?
    From a woman's point of view...is she interested... or should I just drop the whole thing
    Should I be more explicit ...direct ( I guess I was... I took the initiative of inviting her out)

Thanks in advance

She's clearly playing with you. So ignore the silly woman.

Thanks for the advice, I'll try to.

She just sounds busy (and perhaps not so great at time management) to me. I think she genuinely likes you but just busy. I can't see why she'd deliberately play with you in this way. I'd contact her again but if she suggests meeting up again I'd say that you're willing to but if she fails to meet this time, you'll not bother again. This should hopefully make her prioritise a bit better.

Thanks for the reply, and keeping my fading hopes alive

My doubt is, that a week has already passed since my invitation to dinner, and she has not replied, neither by accepting nor by turning down, moreover, I still see her active on facebook, not very active though.

I should be seeing her in a cocktail party next week, I guess I'll wait until I see her.

More hints are most welcome

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by picklepops123 View Post
    She just sounds busy (and perhaps not so great at time management) to me. I think she genuinely likes you but just busy. I can't see why she'd deliberately play with you in this way. I'd contact her again but if she suggests meeting up again I'd say that you're willing to but if she fails to meet this time, you'll not bother again. This should hopefully make her prioritise a bit better.

You know, life is always busy...we all have stuff going on. If she has time to check her FB page then she could at least take moment and reply to your dinner invitation. I would just ask her at the cocktail party next week if she got your message/invitation. Tell her you were wondering b/c you never heard back. See what she says and if she is weird or vague then just let her go. There are plenty of women out there who are busy, but also will make time for you

She broke the date, therefore she is OUT. If a girl breaks a date with you on any occasion then she is out of the picture. This filters out all of the professional daters, and girls who are uninterested. Girls who like you will actually help you, imagine that!

Thanks for the very constructive hint.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I really wish it would work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    You know, life is always busy...we all have stuff going on. If she has time to check her FB page then she could at least take moment and reply to your dinner invitation. I would just ask her at the cocktail party next week if she got your message/invitation. Tell her you were wondering b/c you never heard back. See what she says and if she is weird or vague then just let her go. There are plenty of women out there who are busy, but also will make time for you

Thanks, I'll give it a last try next week, then....in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveDocJon View Post
    She broke the date, therefore she is OUT. If a girl breaks a date with you on any occasion then she is out of the picture. This filters out all of the professional daters, and girls who are uninterested. Girls who like you will actually help you, imagine that!

Ok, just an update, case closed, big time waster, what a pity.

was suppsoed to come to a social event, promised to do so and show up, and .... called to cancel say let's meet some other time.

thanks for all the contributions.

cheers.