+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange situation with girl

Strange situation with girl

Hello!
    I was looking for a language partner over the Internet about a week ago, and I met this girl from England who is about the same age as me (18 years old). We started talking and got along very well. Now I've known her for about a week and she's only seen one picture of me, but she already seems to be madly in love with me, and does not fear showing it. She's talking about how we should get married in the future, have kids and all that. She told me that she recently broke up with her previous boyfriend, so perhaps that has something to do with it?
    While I do think she is very nice and furthermore - good looking, I also fear that she is one of those "overly attached girlfriends" which has become a nightmare after that youtube video.
    So my question is: is this "situation" normal? If so, what does it mean?

Thanks in advance!

Only after a week she talks of marriage? and she has never met you? run the f uck away from this clingy creep. She is just starving for attention, is immature and yes I would say the nightmare has begun.

It means you need to find a new language partner. This shit is creepy.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

next thing you know you'll be sleeping and she's gonna appear next to your window hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    ...run the f uck away from this clingy creep...
    ROFL...What the hell...haha. Some people on this forum, seriously need to take their photo off of the definition of paranoia. People calm down, go easy on the girl. It is obvious she is new to relationships, or who knows she might have found love at first sight, don't knock it down. She might have really liked your picture.

Don't freak out by this. When people freak out they make it worse, they make themselves even more unavailable and even more wanted by their "fan"

But seriously, don't disrespect the girl because she is very vulnerable in this situation, and it really wouldn't be fair to her to treat her like a creep.
    Last edited by toknow; 14-02-13 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    But seriously, don't disrespect the girl because she is very vulnerable in this situation, and it really wouldn't be fair to her to treat her like a creep.
    I think you are confusing the word 'vulnerable' with 'total loony'

have had a similar experience. and she turned out to be crazy and obsessed. i tried to talk to her. she agreed but then got back on the same track very smoothly. this happened 3 times. so i just cut it off. not a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by toknow View Post
    ROFL...What the hell...haha. Some people on this forum, seriously need to take their photo off of the definition of paranoia. People calm down, go easy on the girl. It is obvious she is new to relationships, or who knows she might have found love at first sight, don't knock it down. She might have really liked your picture.

Don't freak out by this. When people freak out they make it worse, they make themselves even more unavailable and even more wanted by their "fan"

I can see it if she was 12, then I would excuse her....but she is not.

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your replies. Although, I must confess I am frankly in a slight shock due to what the majority of you have said. The only things you know about this girl are those few details I wrote very briefly about. Those very few details are not a ground solid enough to stand on and make judgements about her. For obvious reasons, I only mentioned the "bad" sides of this girl, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that people have good sides as well; good sides that can actually conquer the negative sides.
    What I am trying to say is: don't patronise a person you have never met, never spoken to or never listened to. If you do not see my point, I honestly pity your narrow-mindness.
    Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply!
    //Aelfweard

Quote Originally Posted by aelfweard View Post
    First of all, I would like to thank you all for your replies. Although, I must confess I am frankly in a slight shock due to what the majority of you have said. The only things you know about this girl are those few details I wrote very briefly about. Those very few details are not a ground solid enough to stand on and make judgements about her. For obvious reasons, I only mentioned the "bad" sides of this girl, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that people have good sides as well; good sides that can actually conquer the negative sides.
    What I am trying to say is: don't patronise a person you have never met, never spoken to or never listened to. If you do not see my point, I honestly pity your narrow-mindness.
    Once again, thanks for taking the time to reply!
    //Aelfweard
    This is a FREE public forum and you asked for the opinions of others. There is never a guarantee that you will hear what you like. You only provide minimal information so you will get what you get. So don't go blasting us because you are too sensitive to hear our answers. You take what you want from it and just move the f uck on.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    This is a FREE public forum and you asked for the opinions of others. There is never a guarantee that you will hear what you like. You only provide minimal information so you will get what you get. So don't go blasting us because you are too sensitive to hear our answers. You take what you want from it and just move the f uck on.
    His point was: Don't condemn a person you have never met and know very little about.

If he didn't provide enough detail, ask him for more. No need to talk about the girl that way.

Just because it's a public forum doesn't release anyone from the need to be respectful.
    Last edited by toknow; 15-02-13 at 03:27 AM.

In a free forum, I am also entitled to an opinion. Expressing that opinion does not mean I am too sensitive to hear others'. While I do think it is rather irrational and immature to judge a person based on very little fact, simply making assumptions about the unknown, I do not want to proceed this argument, since the forum is named "love forum", and is obviously not meant for any form of hatred whatsoever.
    If I offended you in any way, I am sorry.
    Have a good day!

//Aelfweard

Quote Originally Posted by aelfweard View Post
    In a free forum, I am also entitled to an opinion. Expressing that opinion does not mean I am too sensitive to hear others'. While I do think it is rather irrational and immature to judge a person based on very little fact, simply making assumptions about the unknown, I do not want to proceed this argument, since the forum is named "love forum", and is obviously not meant for any form of hatred whatsoever.
    If I offended you in any way, I am sorry.
    Have a good day!

//Aelfweard
    He didn't hear what he wanted to hear, so left. When someone says "marry me" in week 1, that is enough judgement to pass as crazy.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

again, someone comes on the forum, asks for advice a.k.a. wants people to say what he wants to hear, doesn't hear what he wants, gets defensive and leaves. why come and ask people's opinions if you already think you know what you want?

I'm with Cerby, it's a no brainer that when one gets talking about marriage to someone they have never met and only have talked to them for a week is obsessive, and isn't normal behavior. No one says she is mentally insane, but cautioning the poster that things are not right and issues will follow down the road ie; she threatens suicide. I think most of us have encountered someone like this and didn't have a very good experience.

I feel the poster is really digging this chick, hence him being so defensive, but actually wants to know if she is being honest or is he just a rebound soon to be dumped later. This screams A. lack of experience with girls or B. never had a real relationship with a girl or C. girls don't pay much attention to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast