+ Follow This Topic

Thread: girlfriend went back to ex, now what?

girlfriend went back to ex, now what?

ive dated one of my best friends of 4 years, was going out with her for about 2 months. was kind of chasing her before her and her ex broke up, because i knew we had a connection. well the ex broke up with her and found another girlfriend a couple weeks later, only to come back recently to tell the girl (now my ex) that he wants her back, that everything his recent ex did only reminded him of her. hearing this, she said that this is the first time hes ever done this for a girl and thinks he might be really serious about this, so she feels like she has to give him another chance. this guy really treated her like ****, would manipulate her into thinking shes wrong in every argument and constantly put her down. i just know that its going to go wrong again. she had a really hard time between me or him, me because i treated her so well and was more sexually compatible and him because she didnt want to let go of her history with him, and that she always thought she was going to marry him. all her friends and coworkers think shes doing the dumbest thing possible by going back to him and she knows they all think that. where im at now is, where do i go from here? in the 2 months i was with her she was a girl like no other. ive never felt this way for any of the girls ive dated. what do i do from here? i still value our friendship, so i dont really exactly want to go no contact, but i also want another shot at this (next time on my terms though, when i know she can fully commit). or even if it somehow does work out with her ex, if he really has changed and theyre happy together, then i could be happy for her. i just dont know where to go from here. it also doesnt help we work together. also why did she leave me with her first pin that her mother bought for her and really cares about? and told me to just hold on to it for her? i know she really cares about it..

This happens a lot. The only advice i can give you is-never go out with a girl who just got out of a long term relationshiop. Youll be a reboubd every time or else shell compare everything about you to her ex and youll never be enough and shell run straight back.

Lesson learned here. I think you should go no contact-get over her and dont go back-even if she wants to.

was going out with her for about 2 months. was kind of chasing her before her and her ex broke up,
    Karma's a bitch

Anyway, she's got problems in the self-respect/esteem department if he treated her like shit and she still wants to go back to him. Why be with someone so ready to be mis-treated? When he breaks up with her again... don't be her fall-back guy. Zero contact so you can get over her and find a girl of your own that isn't issued.

Stay away from girls who are in a relationship so that this doesn't happen to you again.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 20-02-13 at 09:50 AM.