+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No other guy seems comparable!

No other guy seems comparable!

I can't understand why I'm still hung up on this guy I probably will never have another chance with. We met, got along, and had a few casual dates...and then life brought us towards different directions. At the beginning, he made it sound like we might cross paths again and he was trying hard to relocate his job to my town. He was in need of finding a new job anyway. Fast forward about a year...at this point I'm 90% certain he won't be able to find a job near me (he's had an extremely frustrating job search experience) and that whatever flame we had is flickering out.

The problem is that my heart won't shut up about him!! I've tried seeing other guys but I end up just making rebounds out of them. I don't get why this guy feels so irreplaceable to me...like I'm willing to drive half a day for the possibility of seeing him. I've dated and had flings with a lot of guys in my life but none have made an impression on me like he has.

My mind says shut up and keep walking away. But my heart can't let go.

Whhhhyyyyy?!?!??!

I know the exact feeling! going through it now myself. it's so hard to tell yourself someone isn't right for you when you have feelings for them. the only thing I can say that does work for me is to just keep busy and keep myself occupied doing things that make me happy. even if it's working, or spending time with friends. maybe go out for a night with your girl friends and get all dressed up and flirt with guys, it will take your mind off him and you can focus on just having a good time. good luck!

You could be falling in love with him... Too late, we realize the fault of our ways and our heart's true feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    You could be falling in love with him... Too late, we realize the fault of our ways and our heart's true feelings.
    I like everything about who he is, flaws and weird quirks included. If he just straight out told me off I'd move on a little easier... But we still talk once in a blue moon and I find myself grinning like an idiot that first moment I hear from him.

Quote Originally Posted by rayna View Post
    I like everything about who he is, flaws and weird quirks included. If he just straight out told me off I'd move on a little easier... But we still talk once in a blue moon and I find myself grinning like an idiot that first moment I hear from him.
    That is because you are an idiot. You are just in love with the idea of him.

You haven't even spent much time with him. Look up "infatuation" lots of people confuse it with "love" otherwise known as that "in love feeling" lol..

I think they should teach kids in school about this stuff to avoid all the messed up confusion and the problems the disease infatuation creates.

Yes its a wonderful feeling but ITS NOT LOVE ugh!!

Oh I seeee! I'm completely infatuated with a stranger. Thank you Internet doctors for diagnosing me!!!

haha sorry. Its just that you are both probably fighting a lose battle.