+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This dude that likes my best friend accused me of being too "overprotective"

This dude that likes my best friend accused me of being too "overprotective"

Can I get some help here?

Something about this dude seems off. I am not attracted to my best friend at all. She is two years older than me and like my big sister.

I've known my best friend for 6 years(since 9th grade) and we are very close. It is this dude that likes her and I feel that he is very threatened by me. He said I'm trying to cock-block him and that if I wasn't so overprotective they would be together.

He is also mad because she really values my opinion.

My friend told him she didn't like him, and only wanted to be friends. He went back and told EVERYONE they went together. He told us he gets a crazy check and disability because he hears voices and imaginary people talking to him. He is very obsessive over my friend. He has a little temper too.

I had a dream that he raped her because she turned him down too many times, and something a voice in my head tells me to keep my eye on him. I'm always there when he is around. I'm just worried because they have been getting closer.

Friends that know me and her that meets the guy says something isn't right and that I'm right to be protective. My question is do I back off? I can't make her see the light. Everytime I am around this guy I get this evil feeling.

His friends tried to tell me that I'm just mad because he is spending a lot more time with her and I secretly love her and want her to myself
    I Am Perfection
    -jarrett178

Interesting that you are best friends with a guy that gives you an evil feeling. Anyway, I wouldn't back off.

Quote Originally Posted by madotnw_nihs View Post
    Interesting that you are best friends with a guy that gives you an evil feeling. Anyway, I wouldn't back off.
    I'm best friend with the girl. The guy likes my friend
    I Am Perfection
    -jarrett178

ah, sorry my bad, misread. still don't back off.

If you are worried about her safety-stick around and protect her. Try and find proof that he is dangerous.

ah, sorry my bad, misread. still don't back off.
    What can I do.
    I Am Perfection
    -jarrett178

All you can do is be her friend and talk to her about how you feel, give her your advice. Then it's up to her to make the right choice. I don't think there's anything else you can do. It sucks, but it's her life.

did you tell her about the crazy check? If she already stated that she doesn't like him, there isn't much more you can do. Just be around and help her if the need arises.

did you tell her about the crazy check? If she already stated that she doesn't like him, there isn't much more you can do. Just be around and help her if the need arises.
    she knows. he told both of us at the same time
    I Am Perfection
    -jarrett178

Do what SHE wants you to do. If she wants you to be around when he's there, then be there for her. If she wants to live her own life without your interference, the let her make her own mistakes and just be there for her if she wants.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.