+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I come right out and tell her I want her back?

Should I come right out and tell her I want her back?

I spent a long time after our break up away from her with no contact and eventually moved on. When I told her that I was okay with just being a friend, she told me everything that I wanted to
    know about why she acted the way she did before the break up. There were other problems with the relationship, but she told me that she felt guilty for something.

It was complicated, but we'll just say she broke up with me. Because of circumstances, she thought I was needy. I am absolutely not, but I see why she thought that now.

I feel like now may be the time to just lay it all out: that I
    want her back, and that I care about no other. But, I don't
    want to be needy either as that was part of the original break-
    up.

So, should I spill and tell her how much I want her back? Or should I try to slowly win her back?

I think she may want me to be bold, but I don't want to ruin my chances by being overly ambitious.

I know getting her back is 100% different than getting her the first time, so should I tell her?

First things first, does she have a boyfriend at present?
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Has she shown any signs of wanting you back?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Has she shown any signs of wanting you back?
    Yes, she has. For one thing, I actually came to the point where I wrote a letter to her telling her that I was very happy to just be her friend. I was serious, and I was expecting that was what she wanted.
    Her reply was what I mentioned above. She came honest about some things, and pretty well said that before we broke up, she was pushing away because she felt guilty about some things in her past. She didn't feel she could tell me before, and she thought I would reject her if I knew.

Obviously, I still want her back, but I wasn't ready to tell her that at the time, and I wasn't really sure if she was trying to let me down easy in a way or something. Like I said before, we did have other real problems as I mentioned above. Maybe I missed a huge opportunity when she sent that, but considering the nature of things at the time, I still think it was bright not to pounce with a reply of "I want you back". I did let her know that what she told me doesn't change anything for me.

So, in short, yes she has given that sign and showed a little interest over text, but we are both crazy busy. And, because of circumstances, I only have the option of texting her or emailing her right now.

Thank you for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    First things first, does she have a boyfriend at present?
    No, she doesn't. No worries in that way right now.

You should go for it. What have you got to lose. If she says no-at least u tried and if she says yes-great

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    You should go for it. What have you got to lose. If she says no-at least u tried and if she says yes-great
    Thank you. I plan to...I think. I am going to ask her to coffee first bc she has been showing more interest and maybe starting out slow is a good idea too. This week is the anniversary of our first date so I'd say now is a good time to make a move.