+ Follow This Topic

Thread: It's been a while... I'm still not over her.

It's been a while... I'm still not over her.

I dated my ex for a year, we were EXTREMELY close. She moved two months into the relationship, we continued dating but just before our one year, the long distance (900 miles) just got to be too hard. I only saw her 3 or 4 times after she moved. The break up was just impulse, I don't know what I was thinking. I've had girlfriends since then, but continued to think about her. I know she's dating a guy and they've been together for a while, so I can't really talk to her. It's been over a year and a half since we last talked, and I think about her everyday. How can I stop thinking about her?

thanks.

Sounds like you're thinking about what could have been. Did you have a recent fall out with another girl? When I've broken up with boyfriends in the past I would think about exs before. I even pursued one. I ended it because he was emotionally unavailable. I thought 2 years later it would be different. We stopped being friends cuz of the same issues. What im saying is you can't dwell on the past. You made a decision and that's it. If you want to say hi and see how she's doing, maybe you guys could be friends but I wouldn't call her and expect to get back together esp. Since you know she is dating another. And who knows maybe after a friendship she would like to give it another chance, but don't expect too much...

it has been quite awhile, you shouldn't still be thinking about her this often if you broke up over a year & a half ago. perhaps talking to a counselor or someone would help? they can give you ways to stop thinking of her and missing her and may help you get out of this slump.

I agree with Ashley. I would seek a therapist out.