I recently met a guy online. We talked for about 3 weeks before we met (scheduling, live 1.5hr apart). To make a long story short, we hit it off, I ended up staying the night, and then it became... I thought I was being reserved, thought he thought I was rejecting him. He told me to text him when I got back, which I did and then I also sent a email of letting him know Im interested in him, had a great time, etc. The following day I sent him a text asking if he would want to meet up the following weekend, he said he would but then later that night emailed me and said

"The way you described Saturday is beautiful, but it also makes me worry that you're coming on very strong. In turn, I'm worried that I jumped the gun and came on too strong. I don't regret it in the slightest, but I'm already worried that if I go on a date with someone else then I'm somehow being improper. I don't know if that's the case or not, and it's not like what happened is a common occurrence for me... and neither was the hanging out for the first time for an entire day... but I know that I can't restrict myself without at least assessing the situation. I'm not ready to commit on all levels and I apologize that my actions spoke differently. I had a really fun time together and know it would be fun to see you again. I'm just trying to be straightforward right now rather than wait any longer to express my reservations. I'm sorry if I'm being presumptuous, thinking too far ahead, or reading too much into some of the things you've said... doing my best to interpret where you're coming from."

Which was good to hear, he was worried about me, I was worried about him and I feel we needed to have somewhat of a "talk" to see where each other was at. Im leaving on a 6 day vacation and thought it would be fun to see each other before I left but in my reply I suggested it might be better just to wait til I get back.

Problem is now, Im finding it difficult to come up with things to talk about. He contacts me and its fine at first but then Im just at a loss for words, more so because Im afraid anything I may say he will interpret the wrong way.

So my question is: Should I tell him how I feel, the hesitancy? Are we both just being overly cautious and just need to chill out? What are some good (neutral) things to talk about with a guy?