+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Are we together?

Are we together?

So its been a little bit since my last post, but since then I have become more comfortable with myself and started dating again. Well a couple weeks ago, I met a younger guy at the bar. (Hes 21 and I'm 22 and I normally go for 25-28 age range so its odd for me) and he was nice, cute, and fun and so I decided to give it a shot. We ended playing a couple of games of disc golf over a few days before I invited him over to spend the night. Since then he has spent the night a couple times and come over just to hang out and help me make dinner. He hangs out with my friends at the bar and his friends join the group as well and he invites me to hang out with him and his friends. His friends always refer to me as his girlfriend and he never corrects them.
    Now for my question: Are we together? I don't want to bring it up and have it be awkward conversation because I assumed that we were more than we are or me assuming that we are less then we are and him more??? Its only been a couple weeks so I feel like it was a tad fast for the gf/bf stage and I'm not sure if I'm even ready for that. So, is he seeing this as a serious relationship while I'm seeing it as two people having fun together??

Did you sleep together when he spent the night? If not, then you're sending mixed signals and he probably doesn't know what you are either. Best tip I can give you is that if you're not f*cking, don't spend the night together.

If you did sleep together, then just ask him if he wants to be exclusive, and judge his reaction.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Yes, we had sex the first time when he spent the night. The next time we had sex he left because I had to work early in the morning (I kinda kicked him out :s) and then he spent the night last night and we didn't have sex.

hm, interesting. Have you gone out on a date? Are you doing dating activities? Either way, until you discuss the status of your relationship with him, you won't know for sure. We don't and can't judge someone based on a few lines of text, so it will mean you'll just have to ask.

If I went disc golfing a couple of times and then went back to some womans house and had sex and stayed the night, I'd at least assume a relationship was in the early stages.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

The only time we've been out was playing disc golf alone and one time his friends showed up and joined us. They all pitched in a gave me tips and pointers on how to play and one even asked for relationship advice with his gf. His friends also hung out with us at the bar which is why I wondered about out relationship. Would a guys friends make an effort to get to know a girl unless it was semi serious? We've had a date, but he did come over to my house and we cooked dinner together then after sex i sorta kicked him out (early day at work).