+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how to basically grow up/man up?

read this.. Be A Man

http://www.loveforum.net/threads/78946-Be-A-Man?p=882383#post882383

shesjustnotin2u Guest
    Its great to find interest at work but be careful about dating coworkers in the same department. Just a word of advice.

Yea, definitely. I don't want to do anything that'll make work weird, so I'm trying to just go slow and try to talk to her when I can, while at the same time show a little interest so that its not a complete shock lol

I think you've gotten great advice so far, no se nada. Soon you're going to have to change your name to "lo se todo" Once you get that kiss, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by gotnando View Post
    I think you've gotten great advice so far, no se nada. Soon you're going to have to change your name to "lo se todo" Once you get that kiss, that is.
    Haha orale. We'll see what happens with her. I definitely wished I wasn't as busy this morning, I could've talked to her more. But maybe that's good, I don't want to smother her or nothing

Quote Originally Posted by no-se-nada View Post
    Haha wow, I've never thrown up...but once when I gave a friend I liked my number to keep in touch (she was moving), I was shaking like crazy, which she had to have felt when she gave me a hug bye :/ lol but yea, thanks for the perspective. I think with this girl at work I'm gonna try to take it slow, we've been getting along really well so far, and I learned we had a few things in common today. I still can't judge if she might be interested, so that's why I don't want to misinterpret anything and make it weird. She seemed happy to see me every time I walked up, but who knows if that's just in a friendly way or what. At worst I have a new friend though lol and might get lucky and it may go further
    Good luck with the girl at work. Do people from work go out for happy hours or anything? That would be a great way to kind of do something outside of work without making it a formal date. If not...arrange one...and invite her. Have a couple of beers to losen up, and get to know her better. (No, I'm not saying get yourself or her drunk, just enough to lighten the mood).
    Careful with the at work thing, because if anything did go wrong you still have to see the person every day.

Thanks, but no there's not really anything like that. Her schedule is the middle of the week off, and she gets off at noon. Mine is Mon- Fri coming in at 8am. So basically I see her Monday and Thurs or Fri for a few hours in the morning. So trying to hang out would be a little challenging, though I have done it with a friend in the past, I just got to go out in the middle of the week.

I do have a question about something that happened yesterday, that i just remembered. I was out talking to her and her coworker (who is a good friend that i always talk to at work), and my friend went on break, but told her she was going to take the phone in case she needed her, since she's still new she needs someone to walk her through some stuff. She told my friend ok, but then asked me if I knew how to do it. I said yea, my friend joked as she left that i cant be trusted and to call her if she needed her. After my friend left I asked if she wanted me to hang out in case something happened and she needed help. She said yes. Was that anything more than wanting someone to help her? Or maybe just it was slow and she wanted someone to talk to? Or did she want me around?

Another thing that happened yesterday was I told her that I was going to have a busy week, since I was given a new project. So I said she may not see me much when she comes back later in the week, since I won't have time to come out of the office and hang out like I usually do. I dunno exactly what her reaction was, she wasn't facing me right on, plus I'm sure I was trying to see what I wanted to see haha, but it's seemed liked she was a little bummed. Like I said, could've been my imagination, but how do I tell if anything I'm noticing is just friendly or more? I don't want to misread anything

Well, I think it's a good sign that she asked you to stick around and help her out...even if it's not a clear indication of romantic feelings, it definately means she feels comfortable enough around you. When we have crushes, it is easy to look into little things more than we should (like thinking she might have looked disappointed when you said you wouldn't be around). It is possible she was disappointed, it's possible you were reading too much into it. In order to avoid driving yourself nuts over it....I say just go ahead & ask her out. If she rejects you, it won't be the end of the world.

Yea, exactly...i knoew posting that that there was no way of knowing until I ask :/ hopefully when she comes back there will be time to talk and I can give it a shot any suggestions on what to say? I've honestly never asked anyone out and being at work I'm sure I'd have to go about it right so it doesn't get weird or worse, get me in trouble lol. Do I just say would you like to go out sometime? Or ask for her number and see if she shows interest that way before dropping that bomb haha

Hmm it depends on the person, I guess. Do you have similar interests or hobbies? The more there is to do around, the better.
    If you both like a certain restaurant, or band...it's easier to know that & acknowledge it....then suggest you go together.

wow thx thats great advice

Umm, we do have some similar interests. I've tried to see what she does, like asking what she had planned for her weekend, but she said sleep, video games, maybe beach with her friends. Not sure if I can take anything from that haha. She does seem to be an animal nerd like me is a zoo trip too much as a first date? Would something in town and more simple be better?

First date should be just a cup of coffee and a chat. Make it no longer than say 45 mins. And stop over analyzing, or you are going to ruin any chance of getting with this girl.

Zoo trip sounds like it would be fun.

Zoo trip is a good idea but should be for a second date....but that's just my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast