+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why do ex's think they still own you??

Why do ex's think they still own you??

I went to a party the other day and my ex was there. It was ok, wek inda just ignored eachother, until...

He came up to me and started asking me why I was getting it on with this new guy, he was basically taking the ****

I mean who does he think he is? He doesnt own me! he ended our relationship 5 months ago!

Why do ex's still think they have control???

Because a lot of the time, they practically do. People are pushovers.

Ex's are pathetic sometimes. Some just don't know how to move on. I've had a couple of ex's that just didn't want to let go and leave me the hell alone. Especially my last ex. He was pathetic. He STILL stalks around the places I go online and such to see what I am doing. I mean seriously. GET A LIFE. If your life is that boring, just put yourself out of your damn misery already! lol ok...sorry about the little rant. I just hate controling ex's. What did you do when he got up in your face like that? Did you just ignore him, did you say anything back or did you just let him push you around? You really need to be assertive in situations like this. Let him know that your personal life is none of his business. Most of all though, keep your cool. Make him look like the idiot by remaining calm and acting mature about the whole thing. He will come off as the control ex who has no life. That's the best way to go. If if happens again, just say to him "Hey look __(his name here)__. You really have no business in my personal life so please just leave me alone." Or something to that effect. Good luck and I hope your ex leaves you alone soon,

indigosoul Guest
    Noone controls you (or owns you) except that you allow it. Ignore it. Why do you care?

Just grab an axe and X your ex.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    hardy hardy har har har
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by MaRTiaL RaGe
    hardy hardy har har har
    not funny eh? ...damn ...got to give me credit for trying...plus its late here.

not funny eh? ...damn ...got to give me credit for trying...plus its late here.
    no on the contrary, i chuckled. That's more than what can text on the internet usually can do. You need a cookie.....seriously. No sarcasm. I really think you just need a cookie It was funny. I liked it.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

hahahah. Yeah, it's ironic though. They screw with your life, but if you were to have them killed, you'd be the one to go to jail. There's democracy for ya.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ...and did you tell off your ex??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

thanks for your advice everyone! well yep! I tried to keep cool but it got me!! i went mad!!!! and he did apoligise!! but we had another huge argument tonite! he told me that basically hes happy for me. he said i dont want u to move on but i equally dont want you to wait around, he also said he doesnt want me anymore so basically deal with it!! i was like what a loser! You think you have something so great yet it turns out to be crap. and as for the new fella? totally ruined, all because this ex of mine mucked my head up! please giv me some rules to live by and stick to in this situation! i dont know what to do or how to react! hes hurt me so much!

Quote Originally Posted by MaRTiaL RaGe
    no on the contrary, i chuckled. That's more than what can text on the internet usually can do. You need a cookie.....seriously. No sarcasm. I really think you just need a cookie It was funny. I liked it.
    Freaking wierd! . Right when I read this post and the word "cookies" ...My little brother came in the room screaming "cookies! suger cookeis!".....*X-files theme*

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ahh.. just move on. why bothing staying attached to someone who isn't competely attached to you.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

yeh hes not worth all the fuss is he? Im not alone, we all go through it sometime in our life. He's a loser anyway these days lol! feeling happier people, thankyou!