+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

What am I doing wrong?

Hi everyone,

Brand new to the forum, this is my first post. I've been single for around a year and I am wondering what I am doing wrong as I can't seem to muster up a new relationship for the love of money. I am a confident guy, some say cocky, I would disagree but I'm trying to be clear so that I can find some answers. I am financially secure, I wear fashionable clothes drive a good car, have my own flat and a professional job and not bad looking, slim in my mid 30's. I've got everything but the girl. I don't have any male mates that I can call a good friend but I know a lot of people and I go out clubbing from time to time with them. I attract mostly girls in their 20-30's but can't seem to find anyone on my wave length. I'm not into one night stands but hope to develop something more. I am clean tidy and well groomed and can hold more than an interesting conversation. I am not a snob but would rather talk to someone that has a little bit more than the average. I hope I don't sound 'up my own' I really am a decent guy with good values and morals. So I ask you ladies in the hope that I can get some constructive advice as to where I can improve my chances of developing a new relationship. Cheers, Luca.

Stop going to clubs. Secondly get a hobby or an interest that involves being with other people. If you don't have a strong social group, this would be the place to start. Join a co-ed sports team, or try singles groups that plan evenings out, like cooking classes or cocktail hours. These are the things you should be doing because they attract mature adults with like minded expectations and interests.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Stop going to clubs. Secondly get a hobby or an interest that involves being with other people. If you don't have a strong social group, this would be the place to start. Join a co-ed sports team, or try singles groups that plan evenings out, like cooking classes or cocktail hours. These are the things you should be doing because they attract mature adults with like minded expectations and interests.
    I would agree with everything you have said, clubs are full if children, my social groups at the moment are non existent even though have just started a new job. Great advice, appreciate it, been thinking about starting a new evening class and rejoining the gym, at least this can be a start. Thanks again.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 18-03-13 at 02:06 AM.

Excellent choices! Best of luck.

Avoid clubs...you're not going to meet Miss Intelectual there. Smackie has some good advice...joining other social groups would help. It sounds like you've got your stuff together, you're just not going to the right social settings. Another word of advice...being good looking and dressing nice will only get you so far...personality goes a long way (for me anyway).