+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Don't know what to do

Don't know what to do

So I just started dating this girl and things have been going very very well until tonight. She said something to our waiter that insulted him and embarrassed her. She didn't mean to, but it happened and I didn't know what to do. The only thing I could think of was to give him a large tip, but I do t have that much money. I think it's important to point out that I always always pay for everything, but this time I asked to split it, but didn't tell her why. I guess I did t want to embarrass her even more with the large tip, but now she's cold shouldered me, told me I made her feel less special and all the while says I did nothing wrong, but won't talk to me and turned her back to me in bed. What gives? Is this a warning sign of things to come? She did complain all day about being cranky and she is PMSing (she warned me yesterday) but I don't know... This is a new relationship so I haven't figured her out yet.

Unless she has been diagnosed with PMS she cannot use that as an excuse to be "moody" that is bullshit. I've never used that as an excuse to be a bitch.

I think you should give it a little more time and see how it goes. If she expects you to pay for everything-that is a bad sign. Id expect a man to pay too on the first few dates but after that-were equals once it becomes relationship territory..

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Unless she has been diagnosed with PMS she cannot use that as an excuse to be "moody" that is bullshit. I've never used that as an excuse to be a bitch.

I think you should give it a little more time and see how it goes. If she expects you to pay for everything-that is a bad sign. Id expect a man to pay too on the first few dates but after that-were equals once it becomes relationship territory..
    Well it's morning. She apologized and wants to know if I'm upset with her for acting the way that she did. I said no, I just wanted to know more and understand why she was so upset. Then she got up and took the dog for a walk.

Did she just ignore the question? Im not sure why she was upset? Do you think its coz she had to pay half? Or is it coz of what happened in the restaurant?

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    Did she just ignore the question? Im not sure why she was upset? Do you think its coz she had to pay half? Or is it coz of what happened in the restaurant?
    She said she felt abandoned and that I wasn't taking care of her. That I didn't help with the situation with the bartender and then I asked her to pay half. She said she reacted that way because maybe it's a sign that I can't or won't take care of her. I told her that I'm figuring her out since we are just starting out.
    I know girls who would've handled that differently, who also wouldn't have balked at the sit bill. I'm worried that she really needs someone to take care of her. She doesn't really talk to me about me, she doesn't have too much interest in my life so far... is this a sign of things to come or is this a part of the warm up period? I want a partner, not a dependent.

Id say run. She wants a man to "take care of her" don't waste your time. Your instincts are right. Shes self-centered, money grabbing, self absorbed, selfish, high maintenance, PMS, sulky spoiled brat.

I don't think its worth it

She said something to our waiter that insulted him and embarrassed her.
    A very good indicator of how a person is in general is how they treat the wait staff. Be especially wary of people who, in their pretentiousness believe they are better than who is bringing them their meal.

Even Donald Trump with his wealth and station won't do business with anyone who treats people in the service industry with disrespect.

Further to above.. here's something for you to consider, Daytripper.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/companies/management/2006-04-14-ceos-waiter-rule_x.htm