+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: online dating, very suspicious

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat83 View Post
    I don't know why I even bother with these, some people chat to me from those, but it isn't the normal people that I want.
    How can 2 different people that i responded say, that both their parents have passed away almost right away from chatting with them?
    Isn't that kind of personal ? And they get mad because I say it isn't the type of thing you tell a person without meeting them in person and getting some experience.
    I have had decent chats with her, and was fine with her saying she'll be on vacation for 2 weeks, which is fine since I'll be busy with my course.
    It's just this week she was saying how her credit card wasn't working and that her family and friends wont help her out and now asking me too, when we haven't even met, that is giving me a red flag about this girl.
    I want to prove that it's her and wanted to call her friends to make sure, but says she deleted them off her phone, which is also messed up.
    Wants me to send her $400-$500, which my gut feeling is telling me that this is a scam, and should cut communication as much as I can, because I can't really trust her after what she has told me.
    I will wait to talk to her again Saturday, but don't think I can rely on her to pay me back.
    Love isn't worth the hassle of thinking about this, when I have my course on my mind to pass.
    Uhhh... yeah, it's a scam.

Easy rule of thumb on online dating sites - if she looks too good to be true, she is.

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I only revealed my neck and collarbone area and my shoulders since I was wearing a spaghetti strap dress. I will say I look more feminine than slutty.
    I sort of agree with bearz' comment right after..What kind of guys do you attract IRL?
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    I sort of agree with bearz' comment right after..What kind of guys do you attract IRL?
    Honestly all kinds. From the really good looking (but lacking in the success department) ones to the really educated ones but not really up to par on the looks department. But they are never pushy about sex.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Uhhh... yeah, it's a scam.

Easy rule of thumb on online dating sites - if she looks too good to be true, she is.
    once the money came into place, i knew it wasn't going anywhere,
    and the parents thing was a red flag right away.

I didn't think much of it, and until she started acting awkward and blaming everyone.

She's an emotional wreck, or just acting like that.

I am avoiding all these sites, i attract the disgraceful individuals, that could care less.
    Last edited by Kromat83; 22-03-13 at 04:24 AM.

She's totally using you. If you want to get involved with her, expect her to treat you like a sugar daddy, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    I heard Pof was full of sluts..
    I've had some good luck there, including my current relationship of 2 years, so it ain't all bad.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

once the money came into place, i knew it wasn't going anywhere,
    and the parents thing was a red flag right away.

I didn't think much of it, and until she started acting awkward and blaming everyone.

She's an emotional wreck, or just acting like that.

I am avoiding all these sites, i attract the disgraceful individuals, that could care less.
    Wow !! What a smart guy you are. Have you considered applying at Mensa International?

When I was using online dating I can guarantee that I'd get at least one message a day from a young woman in the Ivory Coast. Now I'm 49 so she wasn't exactly attracted by my youth was she? Of course you get scammers online. It's like this forum - you get your fair share of dickheads, idiots and loonies. You just have to weed them out but it doesn't mean that online dating is rubbish. There are loonies online, there are loonies in real life.
    I've met normal women online including my current GF who isn't I loony - well obviously she's with me so there are some worries about her mental health!

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    It's like this forum - you get your fair share of dickheads, idiots and loonies.
    I think ^this guy's personality encompasses all 3 of those!
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb2 View Post
    Wow !! What a smart guy you are. Have you considered applying at Mensa International?
    I wouldn't consider myself that smart, just have experience in different areas, and
    even though they could be taking advantage of me, i wont let them have it, and
    who knows how many times they've done this to multiple people.

I never know what to expect, with situations i am unfamiliar with, but that's life.
    All these sites promise love, but it's false hope as most of the women don't even respond, while
    in real life, at least you get some, even if it's " i'm not interested " or " your not my type ", there's
    some communication going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I'll assume you mean both MEN and women in that "slut" designation.

It's not nick-named Plentyoffvckbuddies for nothing.
    yup. well when I made that comment I was just referring to women on it for Kromats sake but ya your right-id say the men on it are just as bad.

edit: to say *most* of the men-not all

I have learned that on POF, if a guy insists/ask you go to his home or he goes to you home for a movie, it means he wants some action. I had a guy who insists on that on the first date. I knew what was going on so I didn't go.

I wouldn't consider myself that smart, just have experience in different areas, and
    even though they could be taking advantage of me, i wont let them have it, and
    who knows how many times they've done this to multiple people.

I never know what to expect, with situations i am unfamiliar with, but that's life.
    All these sites promise love, but it's false hope as most of the women don't even respond, while
    in real life, at least you get some, even if it's " i'm not interested " or " your not my type ", there's
    some communication going on.
    Oh the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I have learned that on POF, if a guy insists/ask you go to his home or he goes to you home for a movie, it means he wants some action. I had a guy who insists on that on the first date. I knew what was going on so I didn't go.
    If any guy says that IRL or not, that means he wants some. Probably works for him sometimes, too: girls like bold, straightforward guys like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    If any guy says that IRL or not, that means he wants some. Probably works for him sometimes, too: girls like bold, straightforward guys like that.
    It is not straightforward. It is sleazy and disrespectful to assume a women wants to have sex on the first date.

BTW, met a guy from POF yesterday and omg, he is so manly looking and funny. He look way better in person than his pictures. I realize that the plain POF profiles actually have the best results. Whereas the ones that look good, reality of the person falls short of expectation.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast