Hi all,
It's been a good few years since I was on this site, but it's good to be back and I hope you are all as good at advice as you used to be!
So last Summer I started chatting on Facebook chat to this guy. He is a friend of my best friend's fiancee (he lives 2 hours away). The chatting became more regular and we spent about 4 months where we chatted every Sunday for up to 4 hours at a time. It was so weird. We connected and talked about everything. I really started to like him and saw him in person a few times when I was visiting my friend and we were just as flirty then.
This was going on for a long time and I became frustrated that I kept dropping hints about us going on a date or something and nothing would come of it. I sucked it up and asked him if there was any chance we could take our relationship off screen and see if we had anything to really be together. He replied saying he was interested, but the distance was too much for him. He said in the future who knows, but right now it wouldnt work.
I was gutted obviously and have been strong and tried to cut him out of my life because its too painful chatting to him when we're not seeing each other or even dating.
We haven't spoken now in a couple of months.
The problem now is that I can't stop thinking about him. I really think I may be in love with him, which is ridiculous because I shouldn't like him because he doesn't want to be with me. I am desperate to move on, but I'm finding it so hard. We don't chat at all and so he's not in my life, but I dream about him all the time and he's always on my mind.
I don't know if there is a solution but if anyone can offer me any advice please let me know.
Thanks for reading, sorry if this was a long post!
Sashna. xxx