+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to get husband to wear a condom?

Well if her husband hasnt had sex for awhile coz of the birth then neither has she. Its not her fault. Jeez! I hope u wont be that self centred and needy if ur wife has a baby

I already told you, I was in a similar situation where we had to use protection, and I just chose abstinence to avoid the frustration. I wasn't bitter about it either. I knew she wanted it as much as I did. Although I'm sure the OP would probably complain from the opposite end of the spectrum if her husband avoided sex with her.

Now that I think about it, maybe the frustration of having to use a condom when I don't think I should does take away from the enjoyment. That would explain why I can enjoy using a condom with someone I feel obligated to use one with, but it's ranks somewhere between a handjob and a blowjob if I have to with a girlfriend.

well it's your call to cut off your own nose to spite your face but us? Well we'd rather have enjoyed the closeness and the orgasms with condom then to go without any sex at all. We're talking about six months in Op's situation and uhm, no. I'd not wait that long nor would the hubby over something as banal as having to cover it up for a while.

Op has been given lots of advice on other birth control method and if she isn't going to be confident about them being as effective as a condom then he too can abstain for that long or, stop whiing and wrap it. Perhaps if Op helps him by learning how to insert it on his wood with her mouth, he'd not complain as much.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 29-03-13 at 03:19 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    haha how does it take longer to cum? My bf has no bother cuming with a condom on. Maybe its just your "poor me I have to wear a condom" attitude that prevents you from enjoying it.
    For what it's worth, when hubby and I were dating and wearing condoms, he couldn't cum either. And he wasn't doing a 'poor me' attitude. No problems without a condom though.

Not all men are your boyfriend.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle23 View Post
    haha how does it take longer to cum? My bf has no bother cuming with a condom on. Maybe its just your "poor me I have to wear a condom" attitude that prevents you from enjoying it.
    Probably because your BF is younger than BuoGS. Takes me forever with a condom too... thank god I don't have to wear one anymore.

Nah it makes no difference for us. With or without he cums and never complains. I defo prefer without condoms too but sometimes its not possible. And wed both prefer sex with a condom than no sex at all.

He's your husband. He dont like condoms and I think you should respect that. Condoms are lame when your married and unless he cheating or you are, then you need to get over it and get on birth control. Its your responsibilty to make sure you dont get pregnant. I personally wouldnt leave that responsibilty to anyone else. Im not set on being ideal with you. Im being real. Thats your husband and he shouldnt have to wear a condom if he dont want to. Really, who does that married?
    Last edited by PradaChanel; 29-03-13 at 07:20 AM.

I think that he is being selfish. He agrees to something that you want but in the moment he fusses and pouts. So you offer other suggestions and he says no he prefers the first option and agrees again. Than in the moment he pouts and pressures you to give in and you usually do by the sounds of it. Is he like this in other areas too? Does he respect your wishes and boundaries in other areas? I hope he is more dependable on following through with what he agrees to when you have another baby, that he doesn't make it all about him in the moment. If he doesn't want to use condoms than he should agree to another option.... To me the issue is not the method of birth control, it is about how he handles it and makes it about what he wants in the moment while disregarding both his agreement with you and your wishes when you have offered other suggestions and initiated many conversations on how to make this work for both of you.

Okay, we all know that guys say one thing and mean another. Its been several times where I have told my BF to wear one from now on or in the past and then of course when its times to get it on it be a diff story. i dont understand the big deal, OP, get on birth control.

Quote Originally Posted by PradaChanel View Post
    He's your husband. He dont like condoms and I think you should respect that. Condoms are lame when your married and unless he cheating or you are, then you need to get over it and get on birth control. Its your responsibilty to make sure you dont get pregnant. I personally wouldnt leave that responsibilty to anyone else. Im not set on being ideal with you. Im being real. Thats your husband and he shouldnt have to wear a condom if he dont want to. Really, who does that married?
    Uh... seriously? Are you living in the 50's?

It's not HER responsibility to ensure she doesn't get pregnant, it's THEIRS. Good lord... it's the 21st century, and couples should share marital responsibilities.

Uhm..yes Im very serious and last time I checked I was born in 1987 and is currently living in 2013. I still say she should get on birth control. Marriage can be several problems, why sweat the small stuff? If a woman gets pregnant, unless her birth control failed or she was raped its her own fault. My mother taught me to take care of myself as a woman when it comes to health, pregnancy etc. She always right, so therefore this is what I know to be true.

Re: How to get husband to wear a condom?

Its your responsibilty to make sure you dont get pregnant. I personally wouldnt leave that responsibilty to anyone else.
    You are so wrong!!
    I make sure that I wear a condom all the times, and when my ex always took the pill. We both didn't want any kids on the way

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Okay, your a man. Im a woman. I wouldnt leave that to you. So yall can go on until your blue in the face. Im standing by what I said.

Okay, your a man. Im a woman. I wouldnt leave that to you. So yall can go on until your blue in the face. Im standing by what I said.
    Read the OP's actual reasoning again.

EDIT: I'd rather have my gf/wife happy than deal with her mood swings and her feeling like crap. Guy just needs to suck it up for a few months, it's not a permanent situation.
    Last edited by bearz; 29-03-13 at 08:53 AM.

It works both ways prada. Your saying its her job to respect his wishes-well he also needs to resppect her wishes not to have another baby till shes ready. Like i said already itl be at least a month before the pill kicks in and starts doing its job so what are they supposed to do in the meantime-i doubt hell agree to no sex so he has to wear the damn thing!

And its pointless going on the pill for a few months. He needs to suck it up. She just went through 9months of pregnancy and gave birth to his child, as well as nursing the baby singlehandedly and doing everything she can to get back in shape. I mean if the man cant make one little sacrifice for her to make her happy for a few months-then it looks like they have much bigger issues than arguing over a stupid condom.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast