+ Follow This Topic

Thread: This thing called dating??

This thing called dating??

Hi everyone!

So I'm 29, I met the most amazing girl who is 19 that started working with me back in January, we pretty much hit it off from the start the usual flirting, smiling joking around. fast forward to the 25th February and I left my place of work to go to another branch (same company). So we had a little staff leaving party everyone got very drunk and had a lot of fun and I spent the end of the night waiting at the bus stop with said girl hugging her and just generally waiting around to make sure she got on her bus ok, That was that! After that I added he on FaceBook as a friend and we started to chat, I plucked up the courage to ask her out on a date and on Sunday 17th March we went out on our first date.....It really was amazing, I planned everything so that it was perfect, I met her at her nearest Underground station at 19:30 and the reason for this was that I wanted to give her 11 red roses (11 because it's bad luck to give an even number where I come from) and also if it was close to home she'd have time to take them back to her flat and not have to carry them round all night. Which we did so I walked her back to her flat to drop off her 11 red roses. So we went out and I had booked us a slot at the Absolute ICEbar in Central London......She LOVED it!! Perfect!! So we came out of the ICEbar into the normal bar for the hotel and had a few quiet drinks and chatted about lots of stuff and I told her I'd liked her since the day I met her and she said it was the same for her about me and it turns out we have lot's of common interests and a similar family background! After the ICEbar we walked to another bar in Leicester square (holding hands might I add, she initiated it) had some more drinks and just generally had an amazing time, towards the end of the night we kissed....quite a lot and then it was kicking out time (2.30am) wow that was sooooo quick....As the tube trains had already stopped she had two options to get home, the night bus or a black cab, she said she was probably going to get a black cab so I politely gave her some money towards the cab as I wanted to make sure she had enough and got home safely!!

So 1st date a massive massive success!

She FaceBooked me on the Monday to say she had had an amazing time and that if I wasn't upto anything Tuesday night would I like to doe something....I messaged back saying Hell yes!! so I phoned her and we went out to a wine bar where one of our mutual friends that we used to work with now works that kinda knew how we both felt about each other before we had really organised a date! Again lots of talking, joking flirting and we kissed again everything just felt sooooo right, end of the night she left and kissed me good night before leaving.

Massive success number 2!!

So....

Sunday Date 1 ICEbar
    Tuesday Date 2 Wine bar
    Wednesday, we saw each other on our lunch breaks as I work 7 minutes away
    Thursday, saw her on her lunchbreak again. Made it official that we where "seeing" each other to my former work colleagues
    Saturday, She went out with friends in the evening and I was out at a house party and I was driving so offered to pick her up at the end of her night and take her home....We kissed lots

Sunday date 3, I took her to an independent 60's style cinema where they have lay down double chairs so you can share, she loved this and we spent lots of time hugging and kissing. Went for drinks afterwards and spoke a lot about stuff, I whispered into her ear "I'm falling in love with you" (which I am) as she asked what I was thinking and it just felt right to say it and she was kinda freaked out as she had never been in a relationship but she said she felt the same. Again amazing night and we kissed and hugged lots!!

Monday popped into see her after I finished work as it's on the way home and she was ecstatic to see me and she loved the look on the peoples faces at my old work place that didn't know about us.

So I havent seen her since I left her Monday night as she had plans for her sisters birthday Tuesday. She flew home to Norway with her sister to spend easter with her family and she called me last night as she was in the airport, told me she was going to miss not seeing me this week and that next Tuesday we should do something together as she wasn't back in work until Wednesday, so I have booked the entire day off work and we are going to go out for the day!

So my question is now....lol after all that

I haven't spoken to her since last night (weds) I havent texted her as she's in Norway and I dunno if she'll get any message I will send her on her network, So I want to message her on facebook but at the same time I don't want to come across all needy and stuff as I really like this girl alot, I literally cannot concentrate on anything else other than her, I've never felt like this about anyone.....even my ex girlfriend who I was in an 8 year relationship with. This girl makes me so happy and people we both worked with have even said that individually they have never seen us looking so happy!

Enjoy it, but don't get too attached too early...

Let her contact you since you're not sure about how to contact her and you've already made an attempt.

Congrats! It sounds like you are both very into eachother If you feel the need to send her a message on Facebook...then go ahead! As a woman, I always hated playing that waiting game. You already told her that you are falling for her, and she told you the same...and she told you she misses you? If you send her a nice little message saying hi, and that you are thinking of her, I think she will appreciate it and I am willing to bet it will put a smile on her face.

P.S., nice job on planning the first date so well, buying her roses (and giving her the option of being able to take them back home before going back out), and paying for her cab! Wow...I mean wow.

I would proceed with caution because this is a 19 year old girl! And sometimes, 19 yo girls can be very fickle. And this is her first relationship. Go slowly. Talk about if SHE wants to be in a relationship with you and what that would mean? Sex? Being exclusive?
    As far as contacting her, it seems like she is very receptive to that, so go ahead. When she returns, ask her if she felt you contacted her too much or not enough. We, in relationships, need to talk about these types of things. Good Luck, and you have arranged some very nice, well thought out dates.....she's lucky! Ann
    Ann

I despair of young people. 3 dates in and you should be shagging like rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by kat82 View Post
    Congrats! It sounds like you are both very into eachother If you feel the need to send her a message on Facebook...then go ahead! As a woman, I always hated playing that waiting game. You already told her that you are falling for her, and she told you the same...and she told you she misses you? If you send her a nice little message saying hi, and that you are thinking of her, I think she will appreciate it and I am willing to bet it will put a smile on her face.

P.S., nice job on planning the first date so well, buying her roses (and giving her the option of being able to take them back home before going back out), and paying for her cab! Wow...I mean wow.
    Yes we are very into each other

I hate the whole waiting game too but because I'm a bit older than she is I don't want to smother her or scare her off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ann Schiebert View Post
    I would proceed with caution because this is a 19 year old girl! And sometimes, 19 yo girls can be very fickle. And this is her first relationship. Go slowly. Talk about if SHE wants to be in a relationship with you and what that would mean? Sex? Being exclusive?
    As far as contacting her, it seems like she is very receptive to that, so go ahead. When she returns, ask her if she felt you contacted her too much or not enough. We, in relationships, need to talk about these types of things. Good Luck, and you have arranged some very nice, well thought out dates.....she's lucky! Ann
    Yes I'm kind of agreeing with you, I did initially plan to take things slowly as I was in an 8 year relationship with my ex 8 months ago and didn't want to rush straight back into something else, but this just seems so natural and the way things are progressing also feel so natural she literally lights up the room when I see her and my face just beams with smiles! We haven't really spoken in depth about a relationship.... again as I don't want to freak her out as we've only really been dating for around 2 weeks but I feel that this will be the next natural step. I did say to her though that if things progress that communication is so important and if at any point she feels she needs to say something to not be afraid or worried about saying it!

Thanks for the good luck too, I really wanted to make a great first impression with the dates and even visited the venues before each date to make sure that I knew each location very well, so that afterwards we could go somewhere else and also so that I didn't look lost or confused looking for each venue

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    I despair of young people. 3 dates in and you should be shagging like rabbits.
    Haha, I'm sure it will get there! Problem is I really like this young lady and wouldn't want to pressure her or offend her in anyway by even suggesting it. Strangely enough a few years ago I wouldn't have even disagreed with you

So I didn't message her and she got in touch first and we've talked LOADS!

She flies back into the country tomorrow and it's worked out that I offered to pick her up from the airport (which isn't too far away) and she accepted! So I get to see her tomorrow...Excited!!!!

id be careful cos shes 19. can be very fickleee