+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How to show im sorry in long distance relationship

How to show im sorry in long distance relationship

Hi All,

I basically live 200 miles from my gf, and that will be the case till summer 2014. I got the pleasure of meeting her last week though and it was awesome, loved every bit of it. The thing is some one told me something about my girlfriend regarding her past. Now i knew about this and me and me gf had taled about it, however, what i heard was something new. I had decided to ask her, but i was going to do it face to face rather then on the phone. I asked her. However, shes been upset with me for the last 4 days. I know she wants to move on from past and i didnt help, but i had to ask, and it wasnt about trust. Was i wrong to ask? should i have kept quite because i trust her?

But anyways, she thinks im judging her. That is not the case at all. I dont care about the past, i just would like to know from her not pther people. I dont like to find sensitive information that her ex has blurted to people be told to me apart from her.

So basically, how do i show her im sorry, and that i really dont care what happend in the past, its just i wanted to know so people dont laugh at me that shes hiding things. How do i tell her she means the world to me, that there isnt a day i dont thing about her. That there isnt a day i want to be there to smell that awesome perfume she has. Just to be around her.

Any help would be great, and make me feel so much less stresssed that me an her are ok and the awkwardness is gone.

Cheers

It's doomed. You just met your so-called girlfriend for the first time last week? And now you're in the doghouse? This isn't going to work out. The loneliness and jealousy is going to eat you alive, and eventually one of you is likely to meet somebody else. Long-distance relationships generally don't survive unless there was enough of a real relationship before the long-distance started. It's good that the two of you at least have a definite ending time for the long-distance, but it's too far in the future for the actual time you shared together.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Have flowers delivered, it dynamite if you're living far away from each other.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoG91 View Post
    It's doomed. You just met your so-called girlfriend for the first time last week? And now you're in the doghouse? This isn't going to work out. The loneliness and jealousy is going to eat you alive, and eventually one of you is likely to meet somebody else. Long-distance relationships generally don't survive unless there was enough of a real relationship before the long-distance started. It's good that the two of you at least have a definite ending time for the long-distance, but it's too far in the future for the actual time you shared together.
    Not first time, we have met before many times. We were really close friends for 2 and half years. So we have a great solid foundation and something to work at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Have flowers delivered, it dynamite if you're living far away from each other.
    Id love to lol. But her parents dont know about me so cant be done .

Her parents don't know about you....and your reluctance to send flowers indicates that they can't find out. Why can't they know about you?

This is a big red flag. Mate, this isn't looking good for you.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I don't think you did anything wrong. If my significant other heard any rumors about me, I'd have preferred for him to ask about them rather than keep it to himself. Besides, you didn't know it would bother her this much.

All you can do is explain yourself and let her know you're sorry you made her uncomfortable. If you've done that, then it's up to her to let go and forgive. She probably just needs some time. If it's something she wants to put behind her, then she might not want you to bring it up. Just ask how she's doing and follow her lead if she wants to keep discussing the issue or not.

Her parents cant know yet because religion does not allow relationships with opposite sex apart from marriage. But shes ok with me now, we have moved on, followed your addvice VerticalMoon. Cheers

Is it one of those religions where the parents pick who she marries?
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.