+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fashion Designers and Looking Sytlish

Fashion Designers and Looking Sytlish

I always wanted to be a fashion designer, and I have worked really hard these last couple of years, but recently I've been doubting myself, doubting if this is the career for me. I have an internship where my boss, pretty much told me I have to start dressing better, in other words more stylish. She told me that to make it in the fashion bussiness you have to look fashionable and I am simple girl who never really likes to do much to herself. I acknowledge that obviously when dealing with clients, and important fashion people, I do have to look polished, but does that also mean I have to look like that all times? It's got me questioning if I can really do this because I feel like I would have to change so much of myself just to have the right fashion look. What do you guys think? I would really like some insight

Im sure you can dress however you want on weekends and at night. But in the fashion workplace, its probably true that you have to make an effort at all times. It's common in many careers. Lawyers have to look professional at all times and my previous hairdresser had a 'no ponytail' rule for her staff because of the style the salon was to portray.

If dressing stylishly and polished for work isn't your thing, then you'd be better off finding a job where fashion and style aren't important.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 09-04-13 at 06:57 PM.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.