+ Follow This Topic

Thread: now what happens?

now what happens?

Hi all, I posted here a few weeks back me and my gf split up - it's been 4 weeks now of being single, I have a fear that I am going to be alone forever now, I know that sounds dramatic,
    however I have been on dating sites, since our breakup trying to find someone but have generated very little interest - if any. I have contacted a lot of women but had only a few responses but they
    havent really been interested i have tried to be politte, flattering, patient and a gentleman however I don't seem to be getting anywhere.
    Without sounding like I am boasting my ex was very good looking and so was the 2 girlfriends I had before her, so it's not lke I have a hard time finding attractive women to date and i myself would consider myself slighthy abover average, however now it seems like no one wants to know...
    am I gonna be alone now forever? is this it for me?
    because it feels that way

Being polite, flattering, and patient isn't really the way to go, especially when using dating sites. You probably come off as desperate, as you are here. How did you meet your previous girlfriends? I think you need to get on with your life, go out with your friends, and give it a little time. Right now you sound like someone who wants to just get married right this second. Not a good look.

"am I going to be alone forever?" Yes because that kind of thinking is totally unattractive and you could be the better looking brother of Brad Pitt and girls would turn you down. That kind of thinking can be smelled through the written word (like with emails on dating sites) so best change it up and get over yourself.

Confidence is attractive.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    "am I going to be alone forever?" Yes
    LOL Good question straight answer.

If you want girls be more atracted to ya than dont show that you need them. Being needy smells like cows shit to them. If from the begining they might like that you cant live without them than overall girls are atracted to guys who WANTS them not needs them. Its like you have many girls going for you but you choose one cause you like her not because shes the only one and you dont have a choice.

Do that makes sense? Also dont be too available. 3 days a week is standart how available guy should be. Also in dating sites dont message all day long but just in moorning and night so they will see that you are busy.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 11-04-13 at 02:52 AM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Stop looking on line and get out and do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Being polite, flattering, and patient isn't really the way to go, especially when using dating sites. You probably come off as desperate, as you are here. How did you meet your previous girlfriends? I think you need to get on with your life, go out with your friends, and give it a little time. Right now you sound like someone who wants to just get married right this second. Not a good look.
    I met my first serious girlfriend in a store she approached me I was a store attendant and we got chatting and I invited her out to a bar, the next girlfriend approached me on "myspace",
    and the one just broke up with we met on facebook again she made the first move.

I am not coming across desperate on any dating sites just making the first move, as women expect us to make the first move, by saying "hi hows it going nice photos" doesnt sound desperate to me just being honest, im not saying "will i be alone forever" because I am not giving it time.

going out and approaching women is so odd, any guy who does that is deemed as some creep, well here in england anyways, you dont go into tesco and speak to someone down the pasta isle, you just dont,

I have been approached at the grocery store, at the gas pump, bank, line ups, and I didn't find it creepy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sphalore View Post
    I met my first serious girlfriend in a store she approached me I was a store attendant and we got chatting and I invited her out to a bar, the next girlfriend approached me on "myspace",
    and the one just broke up with we met on facebook again she made the first move.

I am not coming across desperate on any dating sites just making the first move, as women expect us to make the first move, by saying "hi hows it going nice photos" doesnt sound desperate to me just being honest, im not saying "will i be alone forever" because I am not giving it time.

going out and approaching women is so odd, any guy who does that is deemed as some creep, well here in england anyways, you dont go into tesco and speak to someone down the pasta isle, you just dont,
    Hi there - i am in the UK and am experiencing the exact same thing....the sites are poor and not doing me any justice i think they want Bradd pitt! What sites are you using ? I feel yur pain i dont think i will meet anyone in the future either and my nights are lonely as hell :-( gutted

If you want sucess you have to go to the paid sites or pay for a match maker service. The free sites are nothing but garbage because they are free. You get what you pay for.....nothing.

i am on pay sites and they are just as bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by sphalore View Post
    as women expect us to make the first move, by saying "hi hows it going nice photos" doesnt sound desperate to me just being honest
    It doesn't sound desperate, it just sounds exactly like 100 other messages they receive everyday from unoriginal douchebag, twats like yourself.

If you are struggling with the paid ones, maybe you need to see a dating coach, or try speed dating, or join a singles club where they plan all kinds of events for singles. How about getting a make over, hire an image counselor, go to pick up or flirting classes. There are a lot of things available to you to improve your game. I would change the attitude first. If you want to attract you have to have good social skills, being fit and healthy helps, can dance, dress trendy (not douchy pop collar), confidence goes a long way, have a lot of interests that give you some substance, etc. If you expect women to dress sexy, have good grooming, be slim and attractive, the same goes for guys too. Put some effort into yourself.

[QUOTE=sphalore;890329"hi hows it going nice photos" [/QUOTE]

I wouldn't respond to you either. I don't want a compliment on my looks or photo - I'd want someone who shows interest in me as a person.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    It doesn't sound desperate, it just sounds exactly like 100 other messages they receive everyday from unoriginal douchebag, twats like yourself.

no your a rude twat no one asked for your crap reply.
    When you talk to women about their interests some just ignore, but it doesnt matter you had no right to reply like that , keyboard warrior 3000 miles away.