+ Follow This Topic

Thread: vintage music clips

vintage music clips

I have to confess that when I've had a couple of drinks, I tend to look at awful 70's and 80's music on youtube.

Found this one today. See if you can find a very young Nicole Kidman - she makes quite a few appearances.

Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Why look at any other eras' music vids?

I'd participate but last time, it didn't embed properly and took Imma to do it right (who then proceeded to call me something like "fannybaws")
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Why look at any other eras' music vids?
    True. Nothing makes me laugh like these old clips
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

You know, in the future today's garbage will also be extremely laughable...we aren't living in some really progressive time where all our farts and shits are pleasantly aromatic...

Besides, today's vids ain't got the style of a Madonna vid, nor of Talking Heads..
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Yes,we will totally laugh at today's music in the future.

While I do listen to contemporary Indie music, I don't watch the videos...they are dull. As for contemporary pop, I find the sexual influence far too OTT. I banned my daughter from watching them when she was young. (I also banned the kids/tween mags whch idolise popstars and actors from our home). Thankfully it worked and she rolls her eyes at the sexy videos and has a passionate hate for Bieber and One Dimension.

I have to add that I don't see 'style' in old videos. I just like to laugh at the fashions, mullets and funny video effects. I found a picture of myself sporting an 80s mullet recently.

Edited to add: speaking of 80s video.....I recall an 80s flatmate who hated 80s music videos. He said that they should never have changed away from the video clips of bands playing live.
    Last edited by basilandthyme; 01-04-13 at 04:12 PM.

Name:  my mullet.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  41.9 KB
    Me and my mullet circa 1986

Ohh NOW you admit today isn't the PERFECT GENERATION...Actually, I'm inclined to think today's brats will still think their garbage is still cool in the future. No reflection on their part when they all hit 50.

Now I gotta ton of vintage music vids in mind...Whadda I got to do?

I've never said that today is the perfect generation. There are two reasons I have argued the point with you:

Firstly, all generations have some questionable tastes and fashions. Despite what you may believe, the 80's were far from perfect.

Secondly, I believe in respecting other people's tastes in music, film, art, etc. If there's a market for Beyoncé - so be it.

Hi Basilandthyme,
    Great video sharing and thanks for making this threat and sharing this video with others also. It was a treat watching this video, keep sharing.