+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In Love in a Month?

In Love in a Month?

Hello,

I started dating this guy about a month ago. Everything's been going well and we get along great. Last week he implied that he loved me and tonight he actually said that he did. He told me he's had this recurring dream since he was a kid where he kisses this girl and wakes up immediately afterward but had never seen her face. He said now the face is finally clear and it's me, and that's how he knows he loves me. I do like him a lot but I don't love him... Is it possible for someone to fall in love with someone that quickly?

It's possible to fall in lust that quickly and mistake it for love. And the dream? WOW that's a really good line - I love it! Ann
    Ann

Yes its possible. Scientists have proved that not having regular sex increases chance to fell in love. Guy probaply hadnt had sex for whole month or more, thats when heart starts to get sensitive. I been in same situation too. I seen my girlfriend in dreams years before we met but she stood with her back against me in these dreams. When I met her in real life it took about month to fell in love and then I understood that it was she in my dreams - the same exact situations happened.

He knew you before you met.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

No....Its impossible. coming from a middle aged mans perspective

Probably not 'love' as we know it, but maybe the start of something fruitful.

However, I don't believe in the dream part. His dream of a faceless girl was his desire to have a partner. Your face filled that space when you filled his desire. It wasn't a prediction by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    Hello,

I started dating this guy about a month ago. Everything's been going well and we get along great. Last week he implied that he loved me and tonight he actually said that he did. He told me he's had this recurring dream since he was a kid where he kisses this girl and wakes up immediately afterward but had never seen her face. He said now the face is finally clear and it's me, and that's how he knows he loves me. I do like him a lot but I don't love him... Is it possible for someone to fall in love with someone that quickly?
    Yes, but don't bet on it.

Depends on age for about 20 year old one month is enought with like 3-4 dates a week. Talking from my expierience.

I think that somebody can fall love in just a month. The problem is that it takes more than a month to really get to know somebody, so that love is for an idealized version of the subject, not the real person. Reality will eventually arrive, and then the two of you will discover if this relationship will last.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

From someone that realizes that "love" is an action word and not just a feeling, I find it hard to believe that you can be shown in actions that you are loved and loving within a short period of time as a month. You simply have not spent enough time with one another to see the actions associated with that word.

That perpetual state of new relationship energy (which so many people mistake for love) always dissipates it's after it dissipates that you discover if you're actually loving and being loved through the couples continuous loving actions (or the lack of them) IMO, of course.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Don't listen to people trying to discourage you. It's rare that it's true love, but it definitely is possible to have it for someone that quickly. It is probable there is no such thing as a past, and future - and that the past of course and future has already happened. Sometimes people who are sensitive to the invisible and, there is more that we don't see that is there then what we do see, can pick up on this information and that's how they know this is who they are meant to be with, or all the info they give off fits perfectly and that's how they know. There are some "fortune tellers" who do in fact predict the future with great accuracy, and many do not believe this, but there is factual evidence to support that. So, the question is, how do these "fortune tellers" can know something that is to happen that hasn't happened? Because there are infinite possibilities of something else happening, for them to get it right they would have to know all the outcomes from all the interactions that will lead to the actual event. That's why it's more probable that the future and the past have already happened, but we can perceive only the present with our senses and conscious brain. While to perceive the past and the future, one would need a different way of perception to extract that information. Truth is stranger than fiction.
    Last edited by toknow; 18-04-13 at 12:20 AM.

Totally rolling my eyes at the dream he had.

Yea, I'm guessing once he's past the new relationship energy and thinks he "just loves her but he's not in love with her" he'll dump this one and he'll be telling the next one the same dream he had about Her.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

One month is enought to love a person with every cell of your body - you just feel you have to be with her. Every cell in your body wants her and distance bigger than few inches cause physical pain. Yeah its pretty sexual love but still its very strong feelings to begin with.

You still with that girl PC? How long did this "love" you had for this person with "every cell of your body" last?

It was in summer - the time when hormones are at their highest. At one point I could just remember her name and have hard on. I always was thinking about her with clothes on so it wasnt just physical love. There was something about her. It did last about 8 weeks. It was easy to talk without words and we understood eachother great at physical level. But when it came down to talk with words we didnt spoke the same language(both from diferent countries) Thats where the real pain came from.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 18-04-13 at 01:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast