+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Having trouble.. Stuck in 2 spots

Having trouble.. Stuck in 2 spots

So recently my heart was broken after a year long relationship my heart was ripped from my chest and I have not been taking it easy. I was really really close to her and I still have been having trouble recovering from it. Its been 2 weeks and i am still feeling the same. I want 2 be her friend still. and thats what i just started. My friends tell me that its wrong.. I have a date on Tuesday with a new girl.. Shes beyond gorgeous.. I just really need some advice.. Has it been successful to have a ex as a friend and continue 2 be yourself or is that not possible?

Your friends are right, as long you keep friends with her you will not heal and you will not forget her. Why would you try to do it anyway when she broke your heart? She couldn't be a worthy partner, caused you pain and you could never be a simple friend, at least not while you're still suffering and have feelings for her. Give yourself a little bit more time and you will feel better, then chances are you won't even be interested in a 'friendship' with her. Enjoy getting to know the new gorgeous girl

Find a positive thoughts in your mind and stick with them, soon many more positive things will follow and you become happy again. Great that you are having date. Keep busy at all times - dont give yourself time to feel bad - it will kill you.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Quote Originally Posted by pcmaster View Post
    Find a positive thoughts in your mind and stick with them, soon many more positive things will follow and you become happy again. Great that you are having date. Keep busy at all times - dont give yourself time to feel bad - it will kill you.
    Positive thoughts? I don't understand what you mean. I am positive but I don't see how that helps with my ex

I was / am in a similar position Verse120.

Yes it's tough. Real tough.

But you need to realise a break up from a relationship doesn't transition into friendship easily.

It will take longer than 2 weeks to feel better. It may take many more weeks. Even months to fully heal.

Go out on this date with this new girl and enjoy it!

Whether or not is it possible to be friends with an ex depends on time...and it takes time.

Be patient and concentrate on yourself and try to remove her from your thoughts. You may end up being friends, you may not.

You will start thinking differently as time goes by and perhaps it is not what you want in the end.

Trying to be 'friends' with an ex early after a break up isn't healthy as it will keep feelings lingering.

All the best.
    Last edited by olb30; 22-04-13 at 12:21 AM.

Everything that dont involves thinking about your ex is positive. Any good or bad thought about your ex is negative. So keep busy, life is waiting for you !
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

if you want to get over your ex properly so you can be happy with someone else eventually-you need to cut all contact with her. what is the point staying friends? seriously? im sure you already have plenty of friends. plus any new girl you meet will not want an ex of yours sniffing around.

it will take time to get over her. 2weeks is not enough. and you should not get into another relationship too fast. its probably better to be alone while you heal.

I heard about this new show that helps you get over your ex and answer the questions I've been left with since we broke up (exandwhycasting.com)
    I am thinking about applying, what do you think?