+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Talking to someone, do I hide my profile?

Talking to someone, do I hide my profile?

I'm on a few online dating sites. I have been talking to someone on the phone and we plan to meet this week. I had her on my favorites list since I signed on to that dating site but never contacted her, although she does not know she was one of my favorites. She recently contacted me. So far so good with phone conversations and texting each other. There must be spring fever in the air as I am getting more attention on the sites my profile is active. I only like to have one conversation going at a time just in case things work out, but with others are now contacting me that seem to be interested. Should I hide my profile to see what happens? Do I just say I started to talk to someone? What would be the honest thing to do?

^^^ that's because he's too busy replying to fake scenerios here.

Anyway, SingleGuy my advice is: Don't hide your profile until you've had a couple of dates and YOU BOTH decide that it's the thing to do. Just don't contact her through the dating site anymore after date one and since you already have her telephone number there is no need for you to be in contact with her that way.

Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 29-04-13 at 08:44 AM.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

It's only been two times through email. She prefers phone conversation anyway for now.

My concern is if other women contact me since my profile is active...
    do I reply to them and say I'm talking with someone right now? but if it does not work out I''d be glad to contact them (sounds rude, like take a number)
    should I ignore their hello's?
    do I try to juggle multiple conversations?

How do I say it nice to them, just in case this does not work out, so that I can possibly get back to them? Get what I'm trying to say?

Quote Originally Posted by SingleGuy View Post
    My concern is if other women contact me since my profile is active...
    Why don't you worry about it if and when someone else actually contacts you?

Or alternately if you're that worried about someone maybe contacting you, then hide it. Because it's just silly to tell someone basically "I can't talk to you because I'm already talking to someone else."
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion