+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is with kids these days?

What is with kids these days?

Girls in particular,

My last girlfriend told me at age 18 she's had sex with 6 (not including myself) different guy. My current girlfriend told me at age 16 she's had sex with 4 (not including myself) different guys.

I know it's different in this day and age, but I cant help but notice such a number. I know not to make it a big deal, as I have done that in past relationship and it didn't work for the best. But, it's just something that has always gotten to me, and has stayed in the back of my head.

I would have never pictured my current girlfriend that way either, she comes off as incessant.

I'm not sure that 'these days' are much different to the 'olden days'. I was a teen back in the 80's....and by the age of 18, I'd probably had about 4 partners.

Having said that, 4 partners by the age of 16 (either back then or now) is concerning. It would indicate to me that the girl very possibly has some self esteem issues or other emotional damage which she used sex as a salve for.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

My ex is 18 and she says she did it with 6 different guys.

I called her a whore.

I hope you guys dont have double standards. How many have you slept with?

She turns 17 in a week to give her credit.

She has told me she has had self esteem issues, having being played by guys, taken advantage of and not trusting guys now.

I've had intercourse with 2 girls, no double standards here.

there are plenty of girls who don't sleep around. If your looking for one of those-I suggest you forget her and meet someone else. There are a lot of girls on this forum in their 20's who have only slept with 2 or 3 and Im sure plenty more wherever you come from

I'm not sure if she slept around per say. She told me she's had three boyfriends, and had sex with someone from school back from December before we were going out. I don't think it's nothing to be concerned about. I do have it in the back of my mind though. Also she is my girlfriend and I do care a lot for here, so I wouldn't want to do anything bad to her, like break her heart.

Well if she was in three loving relationships and made one mistake at some point-it shouldnt be a big deal. As long as you trust her its okay.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    I'm not sure that 'these days' are much different to the 'olden days'. I was a teen back in the 80's....and by the age of 18, I'd probably had about 4 partners.

Having said that, 4 partners by the age of 16 (either back then or now) is concerning. It would indicate to me that the girl very possibly has some self esteem issues or other emotional damage which she used sex as a salve for.
    I was much, much worse than that as a teen during the 80's.

My parents had me in the late eighties and they were teens at that time and most of them were very wild back then. Kids today may be more disrespectful and more open about certain things but as far as sexual wise, they was definately out there. Also, my grandmother was a teen in the sixties and all that and they were wild. She be forgetting I'm her granddaughter sometimes and tells me everything.

Especially in the 80's. My parents (not so much my mom but maybe friends of hers, etc) was way more wilder then me and my friends were as teens.
    Last edited by Starnique; 30-04-13 at 12:42 AM.

The kids today do everything wrong, even being promiscuous.

... lol ...
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

When you say "kids these days" it makes it sound like you are 50 years old dating teenagers. Just sayin.

Sleeping around is nothing new. It just wasn't discussed back then like it is today.

BTW, I'm 22. Two partners, one is my current.

I just thought it was a high number for someone 16.

Quote Originally Posted by basilandthyme View Post
    My number is a little higher than this, but I would say that it doesn't really mean things have changed drastically, still. I agree with basil, and while that number is high at that age, there are a number that have done much much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by fklove View Post
    My ex is 18 and she says she did it with 6 different guys.

I called her a whore.
    Yeah...no.... This is a one way ticket to being single.

Anyway, OP, I think society's views on what is commonly acceptable and what is not is changing. If you think about it, you had the 1950's conformity where they had those cheesy videos for teenagers to learn off of that projected the message you need to stay away from those who have gone out parking with more than one guy (I forget the name of the video, or else I'd actually link you.). Then you had the 1960's where there was that mix which gave way to the 70's and the 80's where the younger generations seemed to value different things the older generations would have a coronary over. Therefore, there's nothing "wrong" with kids these days; it's just a society that's evolving. Granted, I don't agree with the teenage mothers with three kids once they graduate high school or the freshman getting pregnant and/or passing out STDs (Don't misunderstand). I just think we're living in an age that finds different things accepting.

But if you feel like you'd want someone a little more classical (like you) who doesn't sleep around, there are people out there. It's all a matter of finding them. Not to mention, we're both young, so we're going to meet a lot of different people later on in life. In the end, you'll know when it's right.

I hope that helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast