+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My life with three girls

My life with three girls

Hello everybody. Who knows me knows that I use to write long posts to explain my problems - in Italy we say "you're going to Milan passing from Rome", as the two places are both far away from home, and from each other - but this time I want this to be different. So, here my problem is.
    My girlfriend left me about one month ago after making out with another guy at the disco. We've decided to remain friends - she decided it because she says "she never loved me, misunderstood it, and wanted things to go back to what they were before", and I decided it because there is this friend of hers that I quite like. Let's get this straight: if G is my ex and L is her friend, I'm friends with G because I want to get to L.
    L seems to like me - whenever I'm around she blushes, but she's really shy and I don't know if this comes from love or something else. Moreover, she laughs at the worst of my jokes and always asks me things at school, even when they're obvious or somebody else knows the answer better. In facts, I'm not the smartest guy in my class, R is, but she never asks R, she always asks me.
    Even though I think I might like her, there is another girl in my life. Four years ago, back in 8th grade, I fell in love with S, only 12 years old, from my same, tiny village. What I felt for her was way more than what I felt for my girlfriend (I'm sure there is some kind of error in this sentence, sorry, even though I own an FCE I'm still Italian): I was happy when I woke up in the morning because I was going to see her, I was happy when I went to school for the same motive, I was happy whenever I thought about her. I was happy. I even thought she could like me, so I decided to write a note and give it to her on the last day of the school year. Unfortunately, she was absent. Never seen her again. I study in a town, she studies in Modena. We never see each other although we live pretty close.
    And then, a couple of weeks ago, it happened. I dreamed about her. I dreamed that the two of us went to a restaurant together with the boy my girlfriend had made out with - I don't blame him, we're still good friends, they don't even date each other - in the town where an "old flame" of mine lives. What a dream... I woke up seeking after its meaning, but didn't find it. What I'm sure about is that I felt very lonely when I realized that she wasn't next to me.
    So I turned on my PC and visited her FB profile. One of her pictures had a comment from a friend of a girl who's in my same class - a girl that had fought with my ex because of me, this is a long story, it wasn't for love - and as soon as I saw it I almost fainted.
    I still can't believe that I've found somebody who knows her - I'm excited as hell, dammit! I want to get to her. I'm not even sure I care about L. I'm sure I loved S very much and I'd be extremely happy if I saw her again... no, I'm almost sure I'd fall in love again.
    OK, this was as brief as I could make it... I'm bad at this, am I not? Sorry for that. What I wanted to say is that I don't have the courage to ask this girl from my class to make the two of us meet - I'm not sure I can trust her. What if she thinks that's an excuse to date her, and S is consenting? What if she thinks that's an excuse to date HER FRIEND? What if... too many "what if"s! What would you do in my place? Would you try? Would you give up? Would you ask a friend if he could ask a friend if he could ask *etc etc*? I'm no good at playing this kind of games. This is why I wanted to share this with you. Maybe you can help... thanks in advance to whomever will post.

first of all-what you describe for S is not "love" its called infatuation.

i dont think youshould bother being friends with your ex. you should just be polite towards her-but dont bother spending anymore time with her. and you should forget about dating her friend.

go after S and try to get her number. forget the what ifs just do it

good luck

Maybe once it was infatuation. I'm not sure of what could be this time.
    As for my ex, this is pretty much what's happening right now. After all, being friends with one's ex is understood to be what you say.
    Finally, I'll try and do my best to get to S... I'll update the thread every time something happens. I like sharing these things with others when I'm anonymous. I always get good advice.
    Thank you!