+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what really means to be adult?

what really means to be adult?

Hi, one more question from me today:

What do you considerť for maturity? Many people (or maybe books) says that is it ability to share love, friendship etc. But I dont thing this makes any sense: Imagine total loner in abandoned isle. He well never know what friendship or relationship means. Does that mean he will never be mature? I think not. Good and evil are just words and love or hatred emotions inhereted after animals (most likely). Have ever heard about deer who is leader of his herd because he hates wolves?

I have another idea... Maybe being mature means you know what you are doing no matter what. That doesnt mean you are blind to new things but you dont let other people to control your life. You have your own toughts, confidence and reasons and you dont regret them. You feel strong because of yourself not because others validated you. And it doesnt matter if you are looking for a cure for cancer or killing people for fun. If you are mature you understand your own reasons whatever they are.

what do you think?

''The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." Mark Twain

In my opinion being an adult means being closer to understanding who you are as a person and beginning to have a fair knowledge of your strengths and weaknesses. It's also the moment when you are about to discover at least one way that works for you in becoming a better person. Being an adult means understanding that the responsibility you have towards your own happiness and the happiness of the others can only be achieved by following good principles and sacrificing selfishness, egocentricism, harming. Being an adult also brings some kind of revelation about one's sense in life and this is discovering that whatever that sense is, it is inevitably linked with every current of life that crosses our path. In my opinion being an adult means beginning to develop group consciousness and understanding that We Are All One.
    Last edited by Valixy; 06-05-13 at 06:57 AM.

Being an adult means becoming caricatures. Adults are just as quarrelsome and reckless as children but they use the "adult" label to claim to be more mature.
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

"Glory days/Well, they'll pass you by/Glory days"

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think being an adult means you accept financial responsibility for yourself and your offspring. Maturity is another thing...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Being adult is being able take care of certain things. Be responsible about your actions and have a backbone. Being adult is not just taking anymore but giving back aswell, sometimes even more than taking.
    Also adult should know who he is and what his life is about. Basicaly adult is someone who know who he is and where he goes.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Being declared an adult is to be recognized as past a certain age by a government. That's why someone may be an adult but also immature.

I think being an adult is about accepting responsibility for yourself, your actions, your behaviour, your career, your finances, relationships, children etc. To me it means doing the right thing.

I hate people who blame the rest of the world for their problems. They need to grow up

Being an adult also means spending stupid amounts of money on stupid things and then blaming the economy and the President for their lack of money and high prices. Uhh yeah, you totally need that new Corvette, bro....And girl, that $5000 handbag was a solid investment. Will you use unemployment and welfare to get some nice $10000 shoes and dress to match that?
    "1,2,3,4.....The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power-drive!"

It means you stop watching cartoons meant for five year olds.

It can also mean trolling on love sites like...certain posters whose names I won't reveal *HeHeMan*

YC, you're a twice cuckold virgin, your girlfriends who you never even have sex with cheat on you with your "friends", you're going bald, and need to hit the gym like there's no tomorrow. Meanwhile I am in the prime of my life, handsome and muscular, and am dating a hot Asian chick who cooks me spicy banchans and calls me "sir". I can understand why you'd be jealous of me, but really, you need to reign it in because you're cramping my style.

Oh, they weren't girlfriends. The two girls I was kinda seeing, in an unofficial capacity..I'm not going bald, I'm only 22. I do agree with the rest of your assessment, though.

Shit you're 22 and going bald, and just admitted you've only "kinda seen" two girls. Man, I feel sorry for you, and I apologize for ever insulting you.

Actually, I've only seen about 4-5 girls and I once had a relationship. Back in high school..Freshmen year. She never told me her last name..

Quote Originally Posted by YoungCosmo View Post
    Actually, I've only seen about 4-5 girls and
    I once had a relationship. Back in high school..Freshmen year.
    She never told me her last name..
    Your only 22, why are you so worked up over something that will happen eventually ?
    Focus on your career, a job, and getting in shape and the rest will fall into place.

The best opportunities, are the ones we don't plan for, but happen, because of the choices we've made.
    Your sounding quite desperate, and that is never good, love the person that you are, and so will someone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast