+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What now?

What now?

So we have been together over 5 years. I have debated over the years why we stay together and I always said Love, but is it enough? I have tried everything I can think of to communicate and improve our relationship but I can't do it all and I have sacrificed my feelings and self so much that I'm starting to resent. I have done everything to make her dreams come true but she won't do anything for herself and constantly complains. The trust is gone and I feel completely alone. I told her it had been a year since I told her any of my feelings and she didn't care. So I tried this thing that says put your relationship above all. Above children above job above everything and then everything will be ok and it will be better. I even bought her a ring! Still she behaves the same.. She only works 1 full day a week, I work 10 hr days and pick up the kids from school although she is off early and at home. She has yet to pay for a couples or family activity in 5 years. She only pays two bills and I cover the others and she complains that I ask they be paid on time since 1 is in my name. I let her drive one if my cars and she tire it up in 6 months and got mad when I asked her to get it maintenanced. She won't help with anything fir the house. I covered down payment and all the renovations. She buys herself a bigger or equal value Christmas present when she gives me one. She has not helped the family at all. Won't work OT take a leadership position, or better position although she is qualified. I'm so stressed I can't breathe. I feel like the life is being sucked outta me. What would you do ? What about the kids? Any advice would be great

So just leave. People leave crappy relationships everyday. Relationships are a partnership...if it isn't then you have nothing. There is a better life out there for you, no one said you have to stay and be miserable. As for the kids, kids are very perceptive and they would be happier seeing two happy parents living separate lives than two parents that are in an unhappy relationship. Don't worry they will adjust.

Stop being her personal slave and dump her. But you've already put up with this crap for years haven't you so you'll just carry on being her bitch won't you?