+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused...how do I approach this?

confused...how do I approach this?

So, some know, some may not, so I'll give a little backstory.

For the past month or two, I've been getting to know someone at work, and she's great. We get along really well, joke a lot, laugh, and can tease each other. I've started to like her/have feelings, but am having trouble reading her to figure out if she feels the same, or if she only sees me as a friend. She has had plenty of guys hit on her, or had someone try to set them up with her, and she hasn't been too fond of it.

So...my worry is, my only advantage may be that I've been just talking with her as friends and not asking her out. Do I risk that and try to make a move?

I think I've decided that I need to somehow ask her to hang out outside of work, but I can't figure out how to go about it. Half of me says keep it as friends, and what happens later on will happen. The other half says to lay it out to her that I do like her, and enjoy spending time with her and would like to try it outside of work. Just so she knows and to just see how she responds. Obviously I want her to know how I feel about her, but knowing she hasn't been a fan of all these guys hitting on her has me worried she'll think that's the only reason I've been hanging with her at work...which actually I've grown to like her BECAUSE of the time we spent together and getting to know her...

Just say "Hey, would you be interested in having dinner with me some time?"

meloveulongtime Guest
    Don't wait to long or you'll be in the friend zone. Two months is definitely enough time for her to decide if she likes you especially if u see her weekly.
    Last edited by meloveulongtime; 08-05-13 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meloveulongtime View Post
    Don't wait to long or you'll be in the friend zone. Two months is definitely enough time for her to decide if she likes you especially if u see her weekly.
    if you like her, then you want to be more than friends
    take the plunge
    you never know if you never go

A few years back i worked with this girl, she was cute as hell but i thought nothing of it really
    how ever she did and one day gave me this sob story about her nana dying
    I said to her if you need any one i am here and gave her my number, again thinking nothing of it.
    she called me that night, came over and we slept together lol
    was a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by no-se-nada View Post
    Obviously I want her to know how I feel about her, but knowing she hasn't been a fan of all these guys hitting on her has me worried she'll think that's the only reason I've been hanging with her at work...which actually I've grown to like her BECAUSE of the time we spent together and getting to know her...
    I struggle with this dilemma with almost every girl I like. I always befriend them first, but due to becoming close friends I start becoming attracted to them. This happens over time and has never led to a good result for me. I would say that you should try and ask her out or let her know your feelings.

Yea, thanks everyone. I'm gonna ask if she wants to hang out when I see her next week. Wish me luck lol

I talked to my friend today about it. She told me how this girl has told her how other people keep trying to introduce her to people, and ask what she thinks when they pass a guy, and quote "pimp her out." And she doesn't like it. Plus she's so busy with stuff going on she's not really looking for a serious relationship. But then my friend said to not get stuck in the friend zone if I want more. Doesn't help my confusion lol

I unfortunately didn't get to talk to my friend much today about it. I'll see her again before I see the girl I like though, so hopefully I'll be able to get a better feel for what she thinks then. But right now, seems like my best course of action is to talk to her, let her her know I enjoy hanging out with her and would like to do it outside of work too, nothing serious and see what happens. Thoughts?

Just ask her out. One way or t'other, you'll have your answer.