+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: she cancelled second date last minute

she cancelled second date last minute

Sorry for the novel, i couldnt make it any shorter:

I met this girl online and we decided to date. I was skeptical at first because she was sort of 'easy'. I thought maybe she might be a guy or old woman or something. But it turned out she was the same pretty girl from her online profile. Date went really well but i was sort of surprise how she didnt offer to pay for her own dinner and drinks that we ordered. Anyway i didnt mind but its just that on my other dates girls always asked to at least share the bill. After the dinner we talked in the car because it was cold outside and in a while we started making out in the car for a good hour. It was my first time to make out so wildly with a girl on first date. I work early mornings so i had to get some sleep but she was unwilling to let go and so we hung out well past midnight. Anyway after that day we texted and kept in touch but i noticed that she didnt like some stuff...like she didnt like some of my jokes and would not respond to some of my text. Sometimes i would say something and she would get fairly happy and text me back quickly. Then once she got mad at me because of one of my jokes and we almost broke up. She also doesnt like holding hands in public or any sort of public display of affection. Later on, She then asked to meet again and so we setup a date for tonight. However at the last minute she messaged me and cancelled the date saying she was really sorry but she was not feeling 100%. At first i didnt reply for a while then she called me and i just told her that i was not upset but i find this disrespectful. I was fairly cold on the phone but not sore. Now im thinking wether i did the wrong thing and i was being mean? Its just that we planned this since last night and even picked the movie and dinner. I need help, is this girl for me? Should i be nice to her. Historically i have not been very popular with ladies and i have been too focused on school, my car and now work. I'm scared if i break up with her i might regret it and if i don't she might hurt me. By the way by pretty i mean she was my type - petite, dark skin, fit and friendly face. Shes not a hot babe by any standard lol.

did she explain on the phone why she cancelled?

She just said she was sick, even still why the last minute? I didnt want to be seemed too concerned so i just said ok and called it disrespectful. She then asked about my day and thats it because i was with my friends and we were heading to the gym and i told her im busy now. It was a 2min call.

Welp **** her.

Ball's in her court, go out with someone else and if she contacts you again, take it with a grain of salt.

I agree with hehe O.O

I think she wanted to pay you back for dinner with a good car-bopping but you didn't follow through so your loss.

Suggestion: Any future first date.. don't buy dinner. Just meet for coffee or a drink and see if there is any connection worth pursuing.

Next her and let her do the reaching out to you. She will if she's actually interested. She won't if she's not.

She didn't like one of your jokes and you "almost broke up?" Dude you were'nt together so you could hardly "break up"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I knew the term broke up is wrong, i just mean we were to cut all the cords as in no more communication but she texted me back and said she was over-reacting. She was the one who asked for the second date, but asked me to plan it... anyway it seems that the majority of people i talk to say i should just ignore her. But they dont say what to do if she texts me back and starts being all nice and needy..

If she text you back, then see if she's up for another date. Don't do anything expensive for goodness sakes because she doesn't sound like she's going to be paying for anything???? Just a guess.

You certainly don't want her to be needy... there is nothing "nice" about a chick like that.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

If a woman isn't offering to pay by the 2nd date, **** her.

Shit, it's 2013... I say if a woman doesn't offer to go dutch on the first date, **** her.

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    If a woman isn't offering to pay by the 2nd date, **** her.

Shit, it's 2013... I say if a woman doesn't offer to go dutch on the first date, **** her.
    That is your standard and you're welcome to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    That is your standard and you're welcome to it.
    Works for me!

Who wants to date a bum?

What's your definition of "a bum?"

In this case?

Someone who expects their dating to be financed by someone else.

Well i did get a feeling that im the only one spending here...if she setsup another date which i have a feeling she will, i will have to pay for say the dinner. I feel that she is actually sick today but that doesnt mean she is a responsible and respectful person. i sort of like her and i enjoyed our first date (not just the make out part) but im also getting these negative vibes like the spending and the immature behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by HeheMan View Post
    In this case?

Someone who expects their dating to be financed by someone else.
    Oh, I see. There are plenty of women out there that don't expect it, but they do appreciate it and even offer to pay their half. It's all good.. we just have to find someone with the same line of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Oh, I see. There are plenty of women out there that don't expect it, but they do appreciate it and even offer to pay their half. It's all good.. we just have to find someone with the same line of thinking.
    I love treating women.

Except when it's an expectation. Then it just becomes a chore.

It's nice when a woman treats me, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast