+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really need opinions on my ex boyfriend's behavior

[QUOTE=VincenzoG91;900996] "The fact that you are putting so much effort into an online relationship is a pretty strong indication that you were never actually going to meet him in the real world."

How so? I actually did have plans to meet him, cause I was in love, he told me he wanted to meet me too, and I did have plans for the future, because I did love him. but once I realized it wouldn't happen, it still hurt and I still grieve. One of the MAIN reasons, I wanted to get away from him is because he had no plans to meet me someday, I do actually want a future with someone and to get married and have children someday, thank you very much.

"And while I dispute the idea that you can legitimately call him an ex-boyfriend when you never even met"

It was a real realtionship, not a fake one. I love how people who've never experienced an online relationship have so much judgment and toss if off as not being "real" or "strange". i know I have felt REAL pain and suffering over this person. As I have said, I have exchanged videos with him and we've talked on the phone at one time, the subject isn't up for debate, he was a real ex, because it was a real relationship, even if it was a bad one. It's hard for me to just "turn off" the fact I still care even if I am hurt, and I'm not gonna just magically stop thinking about him. I DO have a life offline thank you, and I get plenty of exercise and have other hobbies, but I am still in a period of trying to get over this person who I have loved for nearly 3 years, it's hard and does not happen overnight.

You are obsessing over someone that persistently rejects you, and that you have never even met. I think you could use some therapy to help you understand why you are subjecting yourself to this pointless drama.

He would have changed by now if he was capable of changing, but he isn't. You've hoped for this to happen a thousand times until now and it never did but things just got worse and worse actually until he started to totally disrespect you. He was never who pretended to be in his best moments, and you have to make an effort to start believing that he is just the person he has proved to be: selfish, ignorant, addicted to online flirting and feeding his ego this way.

Be brave and let go this man that will never fulfil your dreams of love. It won't be easy to try to forget everything but so much worth it and you're capable of doing. You're also capable of being happy but for that you have to take care of your emotional stability and happiness and exclude some people from your life, the same you would exclude poison from your diet.
    Last edited by Valixy; 11-05-13 at 05:56 AM.

i know I have felt REAL pain and suffering over this person.
    I find it sad that you've had none of the tangible benefits of a real relationship such as kissing, hugging, experiencing his scent, sex etc but you've had to endure the negative painful emotions of a breakup.

Very sad, indeed. Such a waste IMO.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I find it sad that you've had none of the tangible benefits of a real relationship such as kissing, hugging, experiencing his scent, sex etc but you've had to endure the negative painful emotions of a breakup.

Very sad, indeed. Such a waste IMO.
    And for three years!
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Is it only my "thanks" button that is missing or has it been removed (again) from everyone? Or.. is it a computer/site glitch?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Is it only my "thanks" button that is missing or has it been removed (again) from everyone? Or.. is it a computer/site glitch?
    I can see the 'thanks' button on this thread. But on some other threads, I can't see it.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedSad View Post
    I don't know what to say about you snooping in my profile
    Paranoid much?

Our profiles are there for all posters to look at - they aren't private and were not designed to be so. Heaps of people have looked at my profile and I don't get bent out of shape.

From an advice point of view, looking up a person's history can give really good insight into the problems they face. Lots of posters write with one solo question which lacks context - but their history can give better context and makes our advice more accurate.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

Tks B&T.. I think it's been fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12