+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Exfoliating

Exfoliating

Im always amazed at how smooth sking some girls and womens have. Even 40 year old ladies have that baby skin which leaves me wonder. We guys could learn from that.
    So I have some questions to you beautiful creatures:

1) How do you wash and exfoliate skin, what particular brand of lotion you prefer?

2) Any traditions like when its best to clean skin, like before sleep, after sleep, after shower, in middle of the day?

3) What kind of foods to aim for that healty glowing skin looks?

4) What foods is better to avoid for sake of that smooth and beautiful skin?
    Last edited by pcmaster; 09-05-13 at 09:11 PM.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I use Forever living products face and body scrub twice per week with an exfoliating glove. It keeps the pores clean, reduces black heads etc and leaves the skin silky soft.

I also use Aloe liquid soap as a face and body wash for every day use. It is moisturizing and very gentle on the skin.

And my moisturizer is called Propolis creme.

These are all natural products and the main ingredient is Aloe vera. I order them online. They are full of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, protein, collagen, elastin etc to keep the skin looking young and fresh.

I also drink 60mls of Aloe vera gel each morning. Its fantastic for the skin, hair, nails and over all immune system.

You should mainly avoid high fat/high greasy foods and eat plenty of fruit and veg as well as protein which is great for the skin

Yogurt mask is great for the skin. Leave it for about 15-30 minutes, wash it off. You get supple and smooth skin. As Michelle said, diet is very important (more important than what you put on your face). Lots of veggies and fruits and lots of water. Avoid greasy food, candy, and processed food. I make a smoothie every morning (sometimes with spinach or berries) and my body just feels great. I have sensitive skin so I use gentle cleansers and oil free moisturisers.

Yep.. the hubby says there's nothing like a good "facial"
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Thank you for advice, Michelle. I actually hoped that some proper beautiful girls like you will answer.

You got point about protein cause skin consists of it, I forget about that for a moment. Also aloe vera is natural product and natural is best. I think it pretty much helps relax the skin. Once had aloe drink and it was very nice. It reminds me chamomile tea - its really relaxing. And cold tea bags is great for making wet your face cause its takes the stress away. It's so relaxing I can even feel it. Full version would be ice-cold chamomile compress. Nivea used this plant in their products back in the day, maybe that's why it's so big company now.

Also you and fearlove have point about vegetables and FL goes even further with stronger antioxidants like berries. Antioxidants are very important too to keep that young looks. Have to highlight the sweets cause they are real bad(avoid soft drinks, and beer too). Dont even agree with eating lots of fruits cause there is sugar. Still sugar in fruits is natural but still its bad in large amounts. Processed sugar is even worse, chocolate is number one skin killer. Still you can benefit from it daily if its dark chocolate and you don't exceed 7 grams a day which is one serving. The truth about sweets is they are great in the middle of activities that makes you sweat cause body uses the sugar straight away for energy. Thats why sweets are okay for kids cause they always active. Otherwise sugar turns into fat what builds blackheads aswell as fat in general.
    Also I would like to add that lots of clean water is at least important as anything else. Its cheap and available thats why people tend to ignore it. It helps to produce more sweat and perspiring skin is cleaning itself at its best. Just flashes the toxins out from inside.

Water is so important that it deserves many more my posts in following topic

loveforum.net/threads/80029-How-to-better-health-amp-appearance

I really believe that there is much more about keeping your skin healthy and beautiful. It's pleasurable to read your thoughts about it so guys you are welcome to share you knowledge and experience.
    Last edited by pcmaster; 11-05-13 at 06:50 PM.

PC master-can you get your hands on an aloe plant where you live? If yes, you could just break a leaf open and rub the gel on your skin. Its amazing and 100% natural. You could also use it if you got a burn or bruise or cut for healing etc. Its the best plant in the world

Eggs are also great for the skin and hair. They are full of protein.

And even using babyoil after you shower is very effective and cheap too.

Cucumber can be great for the eyes and you could make a mask with natural yoghurt and strawberries. Or even just mash strawberries and kewi together and rub on your face.

There are hundreds of natural products you can use which are much cheaper and also have no chemicals, toxins etc.

Michele, I think aloe plant could be findable in Latvia.You speak so highly about it. Should just start growing it at home. And baby oil is great for hands I use it too sometimes. While bio oil do magic on face. Its great finishing touch after shower when cream is already applied. Also pregrant women use bio oil for belly to reduce scars. In longterm it fills up the skin and makes it one colored so old scars vanish too. Takes about month to notice results ^_^.

Must try cucumber today, its in the fridge anyway !