+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does he like me as more than a friend?

Does he like me as more than a friend?

I've known this guy for about two years and we became pretty good friends until we lost contact for a while. Well about four months ago I hit him up on facebook to see how he was doing because him and his ex had split up after being together for 8 years and we just continued talking after that. It started out all fun and flirty. We texted everyday, exchanged sexy pictures and always joked about sex, but it was said from the beginning that neither of us wanted anything serious at the moment because we had both just gotten out of long relationships. It was more than just sexual though, in the time that we have been talking we have become best friends. However, the first time we hungout we almost had sex and probably would have if we didn't have an issue with the alcohol. That was all good and fine, we still cuddled that night like it was nothing. The next day everything was still good, we woke up, went to lunch, and when we got back to my place we almost had sex again after a game of strip poker but had no condom. We just chilled for the rest of the day, but he was really touchy. Like we were sitting on my bed and he kept rubbing my legs and stuff, not in a perverted way though. And then we had a really long hug before he finally left. A few days after that I texted him and told him that I liked him but he had nothing to worry about because I wasn't looking for more than friendship I just thought he should know. He was cool about it, he just told me that he thinks we are better off as friends and he wanted to ho around since he never got the chance to do so before and what happened would probably never happen again because he didn't want to ruin our friendship and he felt kind of weird after. We ended up hanging out that same day because he just so happened to be in town (he lives 3 hours away btw) and everything was fine. We went to lunch and then visited with his mom for awhile and then he left. It's been about a two months or so since all of that happened and we're still cool, we still talk quite a bit, but it's not the same. He has a job now so that may be part of it, but it feels like more than that. In the beginning he told me that he felt like we were getting closer and it kinda scared him, so maybe that has something to do with it. I sent him a message a while back asking why he felt weird afterward and he said that it just wasn’t right and he regretted taking it there. If that's the case though why did it not just happen the one time? Even through all my crazy he still talks to me like it doesn't bother him. Yesterday we were talking about how I had no plans for my birthday and he said this "What's wrong with ya hit up one of those dudes you're playin hahaha" He knows I'm not the player type, so was that just a subtle way of asking if I had someone or something. I think he's shown signs that he likes me, but ever since all of that happened its really hard to tell. I would like for something more to happen between us one day, and I think it's possible, but I honestly don't know if really just sees me as a friend. What do you think?

Errrr... Well you told him you weren't looking for anything more than a friendship???? Am I wrong?

Seriously sit down with yourself and ask yourself what you want. Then when you get it straight in your own mind.. you'll be able to convey it to him with words instead of your vagina.

Figure it out kid and then go for it. Friend, romantic partner or FBuddy? You're all over the effing map. No wonder he's keeping neutral ~ so he doesn't mis-read your ambiguity.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

No he is showing signs of just wanting to f uck you. Since you said you were n't looking for a relationship with him, he is thinking he could at least get you in the sack...he almost did didn't he? He is still gonna keep trying if you keep wanting to hang out with him. I bet money on it he is hoping for FWB. Girl he just wants to f uck you that is all.

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he knew I was just saying that. Was telling him that a mistake?

What a relief he wasn't rubbing your leg in a perverted way after you played strip poker with him and couldn't bang because no condom. Would've really been inappropriate, lol.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaspam View Post
    Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he knew I was just saying that. Was telling him that a mistake?
    Tell him straight what you mean (whatever that is). Guys don't like it when you "just say" things and wait for a reaction....that's insecure. Stop playing games.

There's no need to be a dick. I was explaining the story and that's how it went down. Yes, I realize that he was probably disappointed that we didn't get to have sex, but I think I know him a little better than you. He wasn't trying to be perverted when he was rubbing my leg because that's not how he is. He was actually being really sweet about it all. He kept complementing me and just making me feel like he actually liked me. You can say that all he wants is sex from me, but it's not true. Like I said he is my best friend, we have a lot of other stuff we can talk about and do besides sex, but I was referring to one particular moment. And if he did only want sex from me, why did he tell me that it's probably not going to happen again? Was that just a lie to make me feel better about the situation? Because it certainly didn't make me feel any better. I do want a relationship with this guy, just not right now. I told him that, and he said he thinks we are better off as friends, but some of the things he says make me think he wants more. And no not just sex.

Well if you have it all figured out, you didn't need to come here for other people's opinion.

Forget everything else he said and take what he said that actually pertains to you and a relationship with you at face value:

He said:
    I told him that, and he said he thinks we are better off as friends,
    Believe him.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion