View Poll Results: What would you do...

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Text my friend again, and just ask for the number again.

0 0%
  • Text her boyfriend, my good friend, and have him get the low-down on all of this.

0 0%
  • Just message this girl on Facebook, and forget trying to avoid Facebook.

0 0%
  • Forget the girl. She mentioned exchanging #s, but still, she doesn't seem too into you.

1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Trying to ask out my friend's roommate... want to avoid Facebook if possible.

Trying to ask out my friend's roommate... want to avoid Facebook if possible.

I met my friend's roommate at a charity dinner recently. I was with another girl so I didn't ask her for her phone number. It just didn't feel very class to be sitting right beside my date for the evening while getting the telephone number of another cute girl. The date that I was with though, really isn't something serious at all... more friends than anything.

But me and my friend's roommate really hit it off. We both lived in the same foreign country and speak that language. And in general, we just had a nice conversation. She even said that night, "I don't have my phone with me, but we should exchange numbers." So, I texted my friend (her roommate) and asked her if her roommate is single, and if I can have her phone number. My friend didn't respond. Three days went by, so I texted her again. Still no response. Hmmm... so I asked her boyfriend a good friend and co-worker of mine, if he could ask her what's up. She immediately texted back and said, "So sorry hun! I just wanted to ask her if it's cool with her before I gave out her number, and she's been working so much lately, I haven't seen her in over a week."

So, I still didn't hear anything for about a week. Then, last night we all had a birthday BBQ party for another friend, and both my friend and her roommate were there. It was kind of an awkward set up. There were a lot of parents and out of town older guests etc. And I was cooking the BBQ and doing a million things. Never got a chance to talk to my friend or the girl. She left after only about an hour or so.

Anyway... this girl isn't SUPER important or anything. I'm just interested in what people do in these kinds of positions. If I text my friend AGAIN... that is like 3 or 4 texts for a stupid phone number. If I ask her boyfriend AGAIN... then I feel like I'm pestering everyone in the world for this stupid phone number. I know her name, and know that she's on Facebook. I've seen her in my friend's "Friend List" on Facebook. I could send her a message on Facebook right now, and bypass all these folks. But I was trying to avoid Facebook, because... I really just don't like it very much. It seems very impersonal, and I've always heard that girls think of Facebook as a lazy lame way to get into contact with a girl. It just seemed more meaningful to get her number from her roommate etc.

Which of the following would you guys recommend?

You said they have her on their friends list on FB so what is stopping them from sending her a message about it? Don't they have her number? well yes they do, so what is stopping them from texting her or calling her? Your friends are avoiding you about this for a reason....I wouldn't push it any further.

From your older posts I suspect they find you a bit of a player or man-whore and don't want this nice girl involved with you....just my two cents.