+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she interested in being more than flirty friends?

Is she interested in being more than flirty friends?

I am at a small college that only has about 1,000 people in it so it is basically a high school. I met this girl on the first day of class 2 years ago and ever sense we have always been rumored to be hooking up but it's never been true. There has been tension but we never really acted on it. She is in a lame-duck relationship right now where they both know that she is going to be gone for the whole summer and they are calling it quits and they made that decision about 2 weeks ago. On to the current situation...

I was out with her and her current "boyfriend" (remember, they already agreed they are breaking up) and about 20 other people. Eventually it was me her, her bf, and I sitting at the bar. He went up to go to the bathroom and she turned to me and asked if I wanted to kiss her. I of course said yes because I've had a crush on her for 2 years. We were definitely drunk but not over the top drunk or anything.

So it seemed like she was interested but I texted her a couple days later asking if it meant anything because I was dying to know. This is the exact texting situation that followed:
    Me: I'm just curious, but what did Wednesday night mean, if we were just drunk that's fine but I need to know
    Her: Don't worry about it meaning anything. Just drunk and playing lol but it was fun!
    Me: Okay I just had to figure out what you were thinking!
    Her: Out Wednesday?? My last night!
    Her (again): For the summer at least lol

My question is, do you think she doesn't have feelings and meant what she texted? I know she said "don't worry about it meaning anything" but I can't help but feel like if she wasn't leaving in a week for the rest of the summer that she would be interested. Am I blind and hoping for something that will never happen?

You're a pussy. Next time you're alone, just kiss her and you'll have your answer.

Probably won't happen though. She just likes the attention that you give her, and I don't see this situation changing at all. She knows she doesn't have to do anything and you'll still drool over her. Good luck, you're gonna need it to get with her..and probably some chloroform too.

Obviously I'm a pussy. I'm on here. But screw it. Go for it again on Wednesday and either get rejected and not see her for 2 months or she goes for it and that's awesome for me.