+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Paranoid about getting dumped

Paranoid about getting dumped

I have been with my current girlfriend for 8 months. It's been a great period, but I always have it in the back of my head that she's gonna dump me. I don't know why but I do and then it makes me confront her. I know it's to the point where she's getting fed up.

I really need some help. She hasn't showed any signs of dumping me, I'm just paranoid she will

please help me

Quote Originally Posted by frank petty View Post
    I know it's to the point where she's getting fed up.
    If you keep it up, she will. That shit gets old.

So from where does your insecurity and distrust stem? Something she's done, or something in your past?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    If you keep it up, she will. That shit gets old.

So from where does your insecurity and distrust stem? Something she's done, or something in your past?
    Being cheated on.

Has she done anything that makes you think she is cheating/going to cheat on you?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Has she done anything that makes you think she is cheating/going to cheat on you?
    well no she hasn't

Then you need to stop punishing her for someone else's transgressions.

What you're experiencing is a trauma response, waiting for the good stuff to go away. Sometimes it takes a long time to get over that. In the meantime, when you feel that way DON'T get in your GF's face about it - that's your feeling to deal with, not hers.

dude if your feeling insecure or worried about this shit-come on here for advice when you need some support or write your feelings down and then burn the paper. Dont keep asking your girl all these insecure questions coz your just going to push her away.

I used to worry a lot about being cheated on to the point where I got OCD and started researching everything I possibly could about it and it got kinda freaky. It never affected my relationship coz I never told him about my anxiety but what triggered this obsession was a fear of losing him after my aunt died.

Anyway eventually I calmed down and realized that I cant control what other people do, only what I do and i deserve someone who is just as loyal, honest and faithful as me so if he ever cheats on me-I can just walk away with my head held high and it will be his loss coz I aint done nothing wrong. It really helps to remember that when you get paranoid

You should just focus on making her happy and look after her. Why would she want to hurt you if your treating her right? And if she does-like I said already its her loss

Just a tiny something to add to HIA's brilliant posts...

OP, let me ask you something... Who is her boyfriend?