+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girls, what would be a good song to serenade to a girl with?

Girls, what would be a good song to serenade to a girl with?

A girl I like wants to hear me play and sing for her. I was thinking about love me tender by elvis, but I would love to hear your opinion. Help me win her over!

"Girls, what would be a good song to serenade to a girl with?" ...no song at all? Unless you're a professional singer or anyway REALLY GOOD at singing (you've taken lessons or something), I don't think it's a good idea.

Anyway, it depends on the relationship you have with this girl: are you friends? Or have you just met her?

I second what searock said - unless you're a particularly good singer, don't do it. If you're not so great, it will be embarrassing for her.
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I'm not a good singer, but she wants to see me play and she wants me to teach her. I thought it was a good sign that she asked me to do this.

So it's not like you'd be serenading her out of the blue, you are actually a musician who knows what he's doing, she asked you to teach her how to play an instrument and you want to use that opportunity to confess your feelings to her, via a song... correct? This is quite different to what I had imagined reading the opening post.

What instrument do you play? The fact that she asked you to teach her per se doesn't mean that she is interested in you. We need more details. How old are you two, how do you know each other, etc...
    Last edited by searock; 20-05-13 at 01:25 AM.

It depends on her taste in music. While one girl would like Usher, another would like Bieber. If you don't want to sing, play an instrumental.

How about "I'm a loser, baby so why don't you kill me" by Beck?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

"I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith is good choice. Good luck!