+ Follow This Topic

Thread: piece of advised please...tnx:)

piece of advised please...tnx:)

hi guys..it's my first time to join in a online forum, just want piece of advised.
    I'm 25y/o and currently working abroad.i met a guy here whose referred by a friend. we just started getting to know each other by phone calls and messages.he is coming in my work place at least once a week (due to the culture of this country I understand that he cannot court the way he wants to).
    after one month we enter into a boyfriend -girlfriend relationship, and another one month he proposed for a marriage. I accept his proposal not because we're in a hurry for the marriage but we just want to secure ourselves to each other until we go back to our own country. we're not always seeing each other because we're not in the same place, so only chatting , calls is our means of communication. 5months after the proposal, were still here abroad, I felt that he changed. I ask him any change of plans or feelings, he said nothing, he love me but he want to postpone the wedding. I get hurt and I ask him why. he just said he want to enjoy the relationship we had right now before we enter into new level. I got his point, but it really hurt. I love him, but I feel confused in our relationship now, I don't know what to do.somebody can help?tnx

He's right unless he's hiding something. If there is no pressure to marry, why rush it. Marriage is a different ballgame, enjoy the dating phase.
    Or maybe he cooled off a bit. Men generally do grt crazy at first but fear commitment later in.

Ya I agree he is right. You can't possible know someone enough in 5 months. A lot can change after a year or so of dating, so why make any plans to marry just yet. He is being realistic and level headed. If this has given you doubts about your relationship then, don't go out with him anymore.

yeah, I got his point. I was just get hurting that time he told me. I will go back to my country in 2 months and he will stay here for long, so I cannot avoid to think of "what if's",and to develop some fears of maybe losing him. I maybe become over dependent on him that's why I had this feelings.

Maybe your high expectations have mislead you. Just enjoy the relationship because it is too early to determine marriage in the future.